I wouldn't buy from gorilla1 if i were you

Old 02-15-2012, 02:04 AM
nopro
CRAFTSMAN

Default Re: I wouldn't buy from gorilla1 if i were you

Originally Posted by gto65racer
gorilla1 had an Edelbrock SY1 manifold listed for sale (http://www.racingjunk.com/Intake/240...mokey-ram.html) I bought it as it was advertised as perfect condition. I gave him $600 shipped because I wanted a perfect manifold.

When i received it is was far from perfect. The first thing i noticed is that it was missing the water neck that was pictured with it, no big deal. Then I removed the top cover and found poorly cut pieces of sheet metal screwed in the runners of the manifold. I know why they are there (fuel puddling), I had another SY1 manifold that I sold (for $300) to buy this one. I sold my other one because I wanted one that did not have rib's epoxied in (like mine did). I also dont think that it is a good idea to have machine screws in the intake runners.

I contacted the seller (gorilla1), and told him about my concerns. He messaged me back and told me to "just send the damn thing back". At this point I have already sold my other SY1 and need the manifold. So I emailed him back and explained that I was more than willing to pay $600 for a "perfect" SY1 manifold, but I would not pay that much for this one. I asked him to simply refund me $100 and I would have the manifold fixed (weld the screw holes).

Well I have not heard back from him and it has been 5 days now.

I would just warn you that I wouldn't take his word that something is perfect. Obviously he has a different idea of perfect.
$100 to weld the holes . why would you do that ? still would be a modified manifold .

the mods .. did it make it a Prefect WORKING intake ?

you said he told you to send it back . you didnt , so whats your real problem
Old 02-15-2012, 07:54 AM
Gimmethakick
SENIOR BUILDER

If seller offered a full refund and you refused then you need to take this out of the scammer section period. He tried to do the right thing.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:04 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Gimmethakick
If seller offered a full refund and you refused then you need to take this out of the scammer section period. He tried to do the right thing.
agreed

get your money back and start over

Now heres one for sale, $395
Its on another website so if you want the info PM me

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 02-15-2012, 10:03 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Way to help Harb. Good solution, nice intake, maybe seller will take 350?? Either way... way to resolve.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:33 PM
gto65racer
SHOW GUEST

I wanted to see if he would give me $100 back and if not i wanted to send it back and he did not respond. I sent him another message and still nothing. I already got it taken care of. It is like buying a car that is supposed to be numbers matching and then finding out the motor has been re-stamped.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:04 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

I wanted to see if he would give me $100 back and if not i wanted to send it back and he did not respond. I sent him another message and still nothing. I already got it taken care of. It is like buying a car that is supposed to be numbers matching and then finding out the motor has been re-stamped.
WOW--IN THE LAST 3 DAYS YOU GOT THAT HORRIBLE MESS OF A DESTROYED INTAKE FIXED TO YOUR STANDARDS :? ---DID IT COSTS $100 TO HAVE IT WELDED UP//CAN WE SEE A PICTURE OF THE REPAIRED INTAKE???

JUST CURIOUS -- :shock:
Old 02-16-2012, 04:40 AM
nopro
CRAFTSMAN

when told to send it back , thats whats done . there no other deal but sending it back . Boxed up and sent within a few days .

I see it , you own it now .
Old 02-16-2012, 11:01 AM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

I just got ask this....You said in your first post you saw a picture of the intake...

Did you "not look" at the picture of this intake before buying it?
Old 02-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

here is the pic from the ad, just the one shot...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 02-16-2012, 03:56 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
here is the pic from the ad, just the one shot...

and in the pic YOU CAN SEE THE BRACKET BOLTED TO THE FLOOR AREA OF THE MANIFOLD !!!!!! :shock: 8)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -