brake bias

Old 06-08-2010, 03:11 PM
parsons27
SHOW GUEST

Default brake bias

Hello, i have a question about brake bias. When driving our super late model, with the car nutral under braking it causes the nose to shove. Its hard not to mistake this condition for the car being tight. Is this a simple fix by adding more rear brake bias?

thanks,
matt
Old 06-10-2010, 06:37 PM
deward
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Brake Bias

When I drove a late model stock car I learned early on that the more rear brake you dial in the looser the car gets. You may want to check your spring rates also. Adjusting the brake bias is only a temporary fix at best, and used during race conditions to balance the care as fuel burns off and tires get worn. How big a track do you run on?
Old 06-11-2010, 03:41 PM
parsons27
SHOW GUEST

Default bias

its a one third mile oval. i noticed under braking the nose shoves, release brake and car will turn. im having a hard time deciding what to adjust for this problem...
Old 06-11-2010, 03:54 PM
deward
JUNIOR BUILDER

I ran a short flat 1/4 mile track and used a lot of front brake bias. If I remember correctly we ran 60% front brake to 40% rear brake, sometimes more depending on track conditions.
If you have a track bar try taking one round out and see if that improves the car getting in the corners. Also check your spring rates against what the other guys are running. Don't be afraid to ask the "big dogs" ffor help.