Predator carb?

Old 05-24-2008, 08:49 AM
demented
JUNIOR BUILDER

I have run pred's for about 10 years prior to going to an enderle injection. I had two on a tunnel ram on a 427 and run a fogger nitrous system withit as well. They were the best "set it and forget it" type of fuel system I have ever used. Except for maintaining them with some WD-40 after running the motor, they were flawless. Their self calibrating design was spectacular as far as the power that they produced. Coupled with the nitrous it became a killer combo that incredibly well. It has been about 5 years since I have played with one but if your interested I can help in seting one up for your combo.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:06 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

we run a tunnel ram on my sons sbc nova with holleys on top. but if i could get my hands on a couple predators they would put the holleys on the shelf.anyone have a couple of good ones needing a new home?
Old 05-25-2008, 11:02 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by outlaw256
we run a tunnel ram on my sons sbc nova with holleys on top. but if i could get my hands on a couple predators they would put the holleys on the shelf.anyone have a couple of good ones needing a new home?
As a matter of fact, I do. New in the box, never had fuel through it. I don't have the box in front of me, but I want to say it's like part number 9001. Could be wrong. It is the one without any idle cicuit to it. No idea of going rate for these carbs, but you can PM me an offer if you want.

Murff
Old 06-10-2008, 04:03 AM
scot9055
APPRENTICE

Default Predators

I had one as well, neat things. Vaccuum pulled open the butterfies they were link to a metering valve, the more they open the more fuel delivered. However the ones I had any dealings with were PRONE to the throttle sticking so always remove the little cover and lubricate it!!! Pretty neat things though, I think a rebuild kit was like 15-20 bucks if memory serves me right??