SBC Raised Cam Timing Cover

Old 01-30-2010, 07:01 AM
mudder81
JOURNEYMAN

Default SBC Raised Cam Timing Cover

I was wondering if anyone has came across a timing cover for the Dart Iron Eagle block with the raised cam? I am looking for one that has a provision for mounting a mechanical fuel pump(my Enderle pump). I have a complete injection setup for a standard deck height SBC that I want to put on a tall deck. If I had to, I guess I could get a belt drive. Thanks for any help.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:40 PM
promod45
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default cover

Try keith black i no they sell stuff for the raisd cam and if im not mistaken dart sells one two, i bought a keith black gear drive and it looks like a RCD setup.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:17 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Man that's a tuff question. i'm all injection and i never even thought about that. I tried to google it and no one has a listing for one. I would say call Dick Maskin or tech at Dart, and see if he makes or knows someone that does. As you said you could go belt drive unless you're running larger than a -1 pump.

JMO

Zip.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:52 AM
mudder81
JOURNEYMAN

Thanks guys. I am thinking that I could maybe modify a cloyes two piece cover (remake or modify the access cover to mount my pump). It will probably be cheaper than a cover that is made for the application. Plus, I enjoy making pieces instead of buying them.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:59 PM
promod45
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default cover

i made a mistake the cover you need is a stock cover if im not mistaken try a stock one, i bet it will fit,,, let me know if im wrong