1994 Honda Civic title....?!?!?!

Old 05-23-2008, 06:37 AM
DonFG2
SHOW GUEST

Default 1994 Honda Civic title....?!?!?!

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and was told to come here form Mike, over at NASA forums. Let me tell you a little about the situation.

I bought the car from a guy in NC. He did not have a title for the car when I bought it, and the guy that he bought it from didn't have one either. When I called NC DMV, they said that it was last reg. in NC. Now, I'm thinking, should I just call them up and get them to give send me the persons info that it was last reg. to, or should I try and get someone to get me a title? I know that it would be cheaper to go thru the DMV and all, but they want me to send them a check for $10 and then it would take up to 3-4 weeks. I got a bill of sale from the guy when I bought it and it was sing with his name and add. along with all my info.

Thanks in advance, Don

PS -- If there's anyone that lives in NC they said that I could come buy there and get the info and pay the $10 in person. I live in Northern VA, so it would take me at least 3hrs to get there. If anyone would be so kind to help me out with the progress of getting my title that would be great. I will pay them back for the money and time spent. Thanks again.

Don
Old 05-23-2008, 07:09 AM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

You need to locate what is often called a Title Runner..These people apply for titles at the DMV and wait til it is processed and they are in all states as far as I know...You can Google the term and possibly find a listing for NC. or the DMV may have a list of them for you...Good luck
Old 05-23-2008, 08:05 AM
DonFG2
SHOW GUEST

Ok, cool. I'll try that. Thanks man