clarification

Old 01-16-2010, 06:35 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

Default clarification

guy im not trailer trash im red neck white trash and proud of it lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-17-2010, 04:01 AM
nvmyvettes
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: clarification

Originally Posted by dragonmaster093
guy im not trailer trash im red neck white trash and proud of it lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I doubt you qualify on the red neck part

The origins of the term redneck actually go back to the 1930's in a number of disputes in West Virginia. A large group of unionized miners marched south to Logan County, to pressure the mine owners there to allow their miners to become unionized. To identify themselves, the miners all wore red bandannas around their necks. The publicity associated with the battles and the subsequent court cases created the term red-necks, and at that time they were viewed as the good guys in the conflict.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:06 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

And to think I thought 'rednecks' were just short haired ball cap wearing country music listening dip spitting tobaco chewing deer hunting bass fishing southerners with sunburns on their necks :shock:
Well I'll be Dammed!
Cp
Old 01-17-2010, 01:49 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

well i know have the short hair some times listen to country (more southern/classic rock) like dear hunting bass fishing. and do have 2 conderate flags in my windows
Old 01-17-2010, 03:12 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Don't know about you guys but Here is how the Rednecks look down South....farther South than TN. Charles... :lol:

Old 01-17-2010, 03:18 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

lol bjuice
Old 01-18-2010, 01:26 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

hey nvmyvettes, your one of the few who seems to know how the term redneck came to be. BUT gay use to mean happy. i cant even talk to some of these young guns who come by the shop nowdays, all the slang they throw out there and i have no idea what the hell their talkin about!
Old 01-18-2010, 07:43 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
hey nvmyvettes, your one of the few who seems to know how the term redneck came to be. BUT gay use to mean happy. i cant even talk to some of these young guns who come by the shop nowdays, all the slang they throw out there and i have no idea what the hell their talkin about!
LOLOL I've got grandkids that speak a totally different language than I.....Talk about a language barrier !!
And they speak so fast that my tired old brain can't cipher anything in real time.......
Old 01-18-2010, 09:59 AM
nvmyvettes
MASTER BUILDER

Outlaw and DD . In know exactly what your saying. I have a 21,a 20 and a 13 y.o. that are into that.Hell my 5 y.o. is starting it now. The new thing with them is texting. Man if you want to see some wierd words, spellings, and abrevations, try to follow one of those.They tried to get me into it but I refused.Told them if they wanted to talk to me call or email me, because I wasnt typing on a phone. You know 2=Abc, 3=def..... LOL

Being from WV and living about an hour from Matewan is the only reason I know the redneck story. Its also Hatfields and Mccoy area to.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:08 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Don't know about you guys but Here is how the Rednecks look down South....farther South than TN. Charles... :lol:

Hey bjuice, that isn't anybody we know is it? :wink: :lol: :lol:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -