Going to 1st Back half race of 2008 tommorrow

Old 02-02-2008, 04:46 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Zip it is still in the country more or less...no one wants to build near a drag strip and I wonder why :roll:

Come on juice check in and lets us know what it did...I did not go to Brainerd today as it was only sunny and 60 today HAHAHAHAHA
Old 02-02-2008, 05:03 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

well guys its still up in the air with what its gonna run.......got to the line left from idle..car traveled about 50 ft out ( just under 60 ft mark) and pushed out a head gasket.... got out of it towed it back to pits did a compression check and #2 was down...the only thing we can think of is the air was cooler..lower 50's at time of pass...motor leaned out and pushed the gasket...

the car had a 1.22 60 ft....this was on an off the gas...i have 2 video's of the car..one is warming up in the pits..and the next one leaving the line...

i will sort them out and post up here shortly..here is a pic right now of the track sign as you go in...it ended up around 65 degrees today..and close to 100 cars showed up....

here are the two (2) video's

[img][/img]

[/img][img][/img]

[img][/img]

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 02-02-2008, 07:57 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Actually BJ,
It left/hooked pretty good, it may have run 5.30's if he could have stayed in it. I like the lope that's the way i set mine up, now all he needs is zoomies to get the right sound.

Zip.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:11 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Pretty cool thanks for the update,that thing sounded pretty stout.too bad things didn't work out for you guys,I know its early but you will get it done I'm sure.
Thanks for the vids Brian,glad you had a nice day to enjoy,I went out and plowed snow after we talked :P I'm jelous you hillbillys are racin and its still frickin snowin up here,only a yankee would put up with this chit :P
Old 02-02-2008, 09:48 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Actually BJ,
It left/hooked pretty good, it may have run 5.30's if he could have stayed in it. I like the lope that's the way i set mine up, now all he needs is zoomies to get the right sound.

Zip.
thats what we were hoping..5.30 ish..it still had a bint of pull to the left but some pe-load would fix that (remember this was 1st pass out..new car)......the motor is not hurt,,,juts a couple hour Job to replace gasket..and start over...there was a grudge race set up for us there today..its a good thing for him we did not have good luck..how could you explain going home with your 2400lb tube frame big tire car,with a 565 ci two stage nos..And tell you wife and friends a 2800 lb stock suspension car with 28x10's with a 383ci steal headed small block with 2.05 valves put you on the trailer..

the guys i was with are the ones that won the 10.5 extreme outlaw race at shadyside dragway this past November...10.5 tires 2900lbs with a 555ci with one fogger in place..won the entire race..with 60 ft times of 1.11 and et's of 4.77 to 4.78....the entire class was composed of 632's and larger..some 200k rides were these and got beat also.

i have been friends with this guys for 8 years..and this is who i will be teaming up this year to run my vette with..these guys will be my pitt supporting me to get the vette dialed in..i am happy to be inlvoved with Craig and Jermey at JP RACING...they get a bunch of stuff to work by going to the track and trying things,,,

this little blower motor will be back and it will hurt some big block feelings real soon...LOL.....we saw that today...although for many it looks like a bad day for us.....but it showed us a good combo is right around the corner..we are real close.

Thanks- Brian

Old 02-02-2008, 11:04 PM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Hey Brian,
Sounds like things are going well your way. I just have one little bitty question? Can you get my car to run like that...... When will the Vette be ready? Take it easy my friend.

Chris
Old 02-04-2008, 09:19 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by zipper06
Actually BJ,

Zip.
thats what we were hoping..5.30 ish..it still had a bint of pull to the left but some pe-load would fix that (remember this was 1st pass out..new car)......the motor is not hurt,,,juts a couple hour Job to replace gasket..and start over...there was a grudge race set up for us there today..its a good thing for him we did not have good luck..how could you explain going home with your 2400lb tube frame big tire car,with a 565 ci two stage nos..And tell you wife and friends a 2800 lb stock suspension car with 28x10's with a 383ci steal headed small block with 2.05 valves put you on the trailer..

the guys i was with are the ones that won the 10.5 extreme outlaw race at shadyside dragway this past November...10.5 tires 2900lbs with a 555ci with one fogger in place..won the entire race..with 60 ft times of 1.11 and et's of 4.77 to 4.78....the entire class was composed of 632's and larger..some 200k rides were these and got beat also.

i have been friends with this guys for 8 years..and this is who i will be teaming up this year to run my vette with..these guys will be my pitt supporting me to get the vette dialed in..i am happy to be inlvoved with Craig and Jermey at JP RACING...they get a bunch of stuff to work by going to the track and trying things,,,

this little blower motor will be back and it will hurt some big block feelings real soon...LOL.....we saw that today...although for many it looks like a bad day for us.....but it showed us a good combo is right around the corner..we are real close.

Thanks- Brian
Too take Tom's logo in respect,

The only thing better than CU'IN' is more CU'IN'
Actually the only thing better than CU'IN' is a BLOWER, and the BIGGER the better :P :twisted:

Zip.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:33 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Your right zip....makes 383ci act like a 706ci everytime....lol

Old 02-06-2008, 02:05 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Yeah, I'm jealous too. We got 6 weeks before are track opens here in southwest Michigan. Can't wait. Glad someone is having fun.