Did you finance your dragster?

Old 03-15-2008, 06:44 AM
ImBack
MASTER BUILDER

I paid $60'000 cash for my new M&M swingarm dragster turnkey with a Sunser Racecraft 632. Then i woke up WTF :mrgreen:
Old 03-15-2008, 06:59 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by ImBack
I paid $60'000 cash for my new M&M swingarm dragster turnkey with a Sunser Racecraft 632. Then i woke up WTF :mrgreen:
yeah nothing like spending 60 grand to go race for $1100. :lol:
Old 03-15-2008, 07:18 AM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

Wow Ive only got 60 grand in my 34' MotorHome, 28' trailer and my 02 Dragster....

To each his own... If I had that kind of cash I would buy a new Diamond Race Car for sure...

To the poster of this thread, what i Did was buy a nice car that needed some updating. Its an 02 and I got it for a song then had a new body built and had it front suspended. that is the only way I could afford to have a really nice car. It looks like an 08 now!...
Old 03-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I'm still hoping to meet and marry a rich woman....trouble is I'm ugly. :cry:
Old 03-15-2008, 04:13 PM
daddylynch
SENIOR BUILDER

Well I borrowed from my 401k to buy a really nice 86 IROC. BJUICE knows the car I am talking about. It was way cheaper to do it that way, I did pay myself back w/ interest so that was good, plus I had the money in just a couple of days and was able to get what I wanted without going through all the hoops from a "normal"lender. I did it so I had it paid back within a year and it worked great.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by daddylynch
Well I borrowed from my 401k to buy a really nice 86 IROC. BJUICE knows the car I am talking about. It was way cheaper to do it that way, I did pay myself back w/ interest so that was good, plus I had the money in just a couple of days and was able to get what I wanted without going through all the hoops from a "normal"lender. I did it so I had it paid back within a year and it worked great.
Yeah I agree that is a good way to go.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:14 PM
ImBack
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by DragsterJosh
Wow Ive only got 60 grand in my 34' MotorHome, 28' trailer and my 02 Dragster....

To each his own... If I had that kind of cash I would buy a new Diamond Race Car for sure...

To the poster of this thread, what i Did was buy a nice car that needed some updating. Its an 02 and I got it for a song then had a new body built and had it front suspended. that is the only way I could afford to have a really nice car. It looks like an 08 now!...
THEN I WOKE UP,IT WAS A DREAM :mrgreen:
Old 03-19-2008, 06:48 PM
hpleader
SHOW GUEST

I dont know how old some of you guys are but I am 26, I have an 11 second Olds cutlass and I have poured gobs of money into it, from the ground up I havent stopped. I would love more than anything to move up to a dragster. I couldnt even think about buying one. I would have to finance out my a$$ to get something like that. In todays world-that is what reality is. I have too many payments the way it is. College, tools, house, a kid, my car etc. It will be 20-30 years before I could do something like that. So IMO..like stated before-if you can float a loan-go for it!! And have fun cuz when your gone.....the money will only go to someone else to enjoy!

Justin
Old 03-19-2008, 08:19 PM
ImBack
MASTER BUILDER

Like they say you never see an armored truck at a funeral! Get the loan race alot you'll have it paid off in no time LOL