God Bless John Force

Old 09-24-2007, 08:56 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

The trap box only has a couple of mirrors in it, no hardware. But i think he did lose the right rear tire, when the car was still under power, which sent him across the track into Kenny. they said the impact broke the car in half while he was still in front of Kenny. i still can't figure out how kenny missed the backhalf of the car, but he must have to still come thru rolling.
I too am glad it wasn't worse, because it could have been tragic. It's been said before by almost everyone who races that accidents can and will happen and most people are prepared for it, but never expect it to happen to them.
We all need to remember even though he was running faster than most of us every will, even a 100 mph crash can be serious, and the safer you can build a car the better.

JMO

Zip.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:46 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
MASTER BUILDER

it broke in half when the chutes opened up so something happen right before that, or even before the run sometime, like a crack in the chassis at the spot it broke or something like that but when the chutes opened thats when it broke it fully, you can see the chutes and back half of the car still going straight down the track when the front half goes across
Old 09-24-2007, 03:25 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by alwaysconsistent
it broke in half when the chutes opened up so something happen right before that, or even before the run sometime, like a crack in the chassis at the spot it broke or something like that but when the chutes opened thats when it broke it fully, you can see the chutes and back half of the car still going straight down the track when the front half goes across

Damn you're right, i saw that on TV, about 5 times but never realised the the back half never came across the C/L.

Zip.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:51 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
MASTER BUILDER

yeah you gotta be looking for the chutes or you'll miss it
Old 09-25-2007, 09:18 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
MASTER BUILDER

thats also the reason he didnt ge hurt as bad. One thing i am surprised of is that his legs didnt get cut off, if you look at the cage/cockpit its barely enough to surround his upper body and leave his legs dangiling, im sure he will be coming out with some new design of chassis bcuz we all know he wont stop until the cars are as safe as they can make em
Old 09-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Realgone
APPRENTICE

Old 09-26-2007, 07:41 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Damn he looks a wreck, but he has the most important part, A Smile on his face, and that's 50% of the recovery.

Zip
Old 09-26-2007, 07:54 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Like they say a picture is worth a 1000 words. He's a tuff old boot.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

iTHINK HE LOOKS PRETTY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! David, love ya jf.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:29 PM
thetanman101
JUNIOR BUILDER

My wife and I saw it in person. Our thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. This would be a hell of a gut check for anyone.

-Tanner