Need some opinions....To trade or not to trade?

Old 12-27-2009, 03:24 PM
cam67152
MASTER BUILDER

I'm partial to camaros, but there's something to that nova! Trade.

cam67152
Old 12-31-2009, 04:40 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Alright, after several days of back and forth in my mind.........I am not going to make the trade! It just doesn't make complete sense to me to do it. I really want to go racing with a kick ass car, but something in my gut is telling me not to do it. I apppreciate all the good advice y'all gave me and I had fun wrestling with this decision.
Thanks again!
Rudy
Old 12-31-2009, 04:44 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

did you have a chance to look at the nova in person? is listed here on rj?
Old 12-31-2009, 05:01 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

I did not look at it in person, I might would have overruled my gut if I had.
It looks like a damn nice car from the pics, just have that nagging feeling that I shouldn't do it. He said he had it listed on RJ for a while, got tired of the lowballers bugging him. Boy, do I know that feeling!

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
did you have a chance to look at the nova in person? is listed here on rj?
Old 12-31-2009, 08:49 AM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

If you do decide to trade for a racecar, my recomendation would be get one as light as possible. Weight is free e.t. and you definately want one that is certified for better resale value.

Thats a good lookin Chevy II but I dont think its worth what your Camaro is. I would think that you could get a Tube chassis car thats good and light for it.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:40 AM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

Do what yer heart/mind tells you to do!!!!REMEMBER LIKE MY FATHER ALWAYS TOLD ME / YOUR GONNA BE DEAD ALONG TIME!!!!!!!!!ENJOY LIFE TO ITS FULLEST!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2009, 11:18 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Rudy-

As you may know, I have a 69 Camaro. Mine is more of a Drag Car... but street legal (well, it has plates/tags anyways). It will NEVER be the same again... I would sell it before I tried to tackle that project!! I agree w/ Tod that a 66/67 Nova in Black is about as good as it gets for a awesome looking drag Car!!! Great weight, good looking, just bad ass. I wish I could drive mine more, but it is too impractical is my point & this Nova is even more radical.

When I read your post, my gut said DO NOT do the trade. On a buisness level, a straight-arrow mostly stock 69 Camaro w/ AC like yours is a appreciating market & an easy sell. How cool is that to put your family in it & go to the zoo??? Man, I would love to do that!! Mine is 2 seats & my kid accidentally head his head on my roll bar once at a cruise... I felt terrible!!! My point is, combining race & street is a hard thing to do. When the market is fine, you can get good money for a car like yours... which should appreciate. You can always get a drag car... or build one. I think you are on the right path. Ask yourself this question: if you could have the perfect 66/67 Nova, what would it be in your mind? If it is not the one you are looking at, don't do it. I guarantee for the money you sell your Camaro for, you will be able to find/build/locate the perfect 66/67. JMO, Scoot
Old 02-17-2010, 04:00 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

hey rudy what ever happened with this deal?
Old 02-18-2010, 06:59 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Sam,
Thanks for asking, I sold my Camaro to a lady in Tuscaloosa, Alabama a couple Saturdays ago. Instead of buying ME a race car, I bought my boys a jr. dragster, need that quality dad/sons time, not to mention they are old enough to get rolling.
I have a very nice '68 Nova that I will finish up and drive on the street for awhile.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:17 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hollowayshotrods
Sam,
Thanks for asking, I sold my Camaro to a lady in Tuscaloosa, Alabama a couple Saturdays ago. Instead of buying ME a race car, I bought my boys a jr. dragster, need that quality dad/sons time, not to mention they are old enough to get rolling.
I have a very nice '68 Nova that I will finish up and drive on the street for awhile.
thats nice Rudy :!:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -