Dyno Flow engine builders

Old 10-24-2009, 06:43 PM
firepro65
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by Tod74
Once people start offering to meet up somewhere(I am assuming to slug it out??) then the thread becomes a joke. All that does is make grown men look like junior high boys challenging each other to a fight on the play ground. JMO If that wasn't what was meant then ignore me.
Not at all, fighting is a kids game. Too old for that crap. It is simple when you write something you leave out crap. He is local and had offered to help with the motor. He thinks that because Scott said it. It is true. In person I can show him my videos of the motor dyno all the way through the start up again today.

So I am sorry if it came off that way. in person you know you can get the facts more clearly.

Look at his post, he said he was going to offer help. Then jumped on the Dyno band wagon. Once again, sorry if I came off that way.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:12 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Not the first time I misread someone's post...won't be the last.Sorry.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:12 PM
altailites
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by firepro65
Once people start offering to meet up somewhere(I am assuming to slug it out??) then the thread becomes a joke. All that does is make grown men look like junior high boys challenging each other to a fight on the play ground. JMO If that wasn't what was meant then ignore me.
Not at all, fighting is a kids game. Too old for that crap. It is simple when you write something you leave out crap. He is local and had offered to help with the motor. He thinks that because Scott said it. It is true. In person I can show him my videos of the motor dyno all the way through the start up again today.

So I am sorry if it came off that way. in person you know you can get the facts more clearly.

Look at his post, he said he was going to offer help. Then jumped on the Dyno band wagon. Once again, sorry if I came off that way.
yes I was going to help you but when you posted my pm in the forum that's what pissed me off. that made me think wow this guy is really trying to start shit. then I called Scott to bitch him out on this deal and he said wait phucker don't you want my side of the story so I said sure. so he tells me his side . I really didn't want to get involved I just pm ed you to find out why you were bashing someone that was spending 2 days on your motor dyno time and all to make it right I thought that was cool of him. oooya when and someone gives you free gaskets don't go posting it on a forum where his boss can see it :roll: Danny my be jobless come Monday . good luck with your motor and remember to put the right plugs in it :P
Old 10-24-2009, 08:59 PM
firepro65
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by altailites

yes I was going to help you but when you posted my pm in the forum that's what pissed me off. that made me think wow this guy is really trying to start s. then I called Scott to bitch him out on this deal and he said wait phucker don't you want my side of the story so I said sure. so he tells me his side . I really didn't want to get involved I just pm ed you to find out why you were bashing someone that was spending 2 days on your motor dyno time and all to make it right I thought that was cool of him. oooya when and someone gives you free gaskets don't go posting it on a forum where his boss can see it :roll: Danny my be jobless come Monday . good luck with your motor and remember to put the right plugs in it :P
Hey, sorry about putting your post out there. This is why I gave you my #. This forum stuff is a B itch. Danny does not work there anymore, atleast that is what they tell me. Yes he spent the time and I am greatful if it works. It is how we got to this point that sucks. I put those plugs in to load it on a trailer. Car was hurt long before that. I had 3 melted plugs. I would post pics on here but just want to end this and move on. You can see them anytime you would like along with videos from day 1. I am sure Dyno-flo and Scott are good people. I will keep my opinions to myself from now on. Thanks for the civil responce. I Like all the opinions and I do appreciate Scott's effort in fixing the motor. Once again thanks for your reply.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:03 PM
firepro65
JOURNEYMAN

Just took the car for a drive. It fired right up. It is overdriven 12.5% and it ran great for the 2 miles I drove it. I did nothing to it except install it in car complete. When I got back the plug wires seemed extremely hot I have the headers wrapped and have plug sleeves on and they were still smoking hot. Temp gun with engine running read 1500 degrees. I dont know if this is normal or not. Anyways It seems to run real good. Thanks Scott and Dynoflo for fixing this isuue. He seems to be a stand up guy, regardless of what this thread says. I appriciate the effort and time. Regardless of what you think.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:40 PM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

That needs to be tuned,but I will leave it at that,maybe Scott can swing by and hook you up?
Old 10-25-2009, 05:37 PM
firepro65
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by gungho
That needs to be tuned,but I will leave it at that,maybe Scott can swing by and hook you up?
Tuned how? Scott tuned it on the dyno and I am in the same town, so settings should stay the same, right? If headers were not wrapped and plugs have heat boots, they would melt. I had a 427 bbc spinning the blower at 25% over and never got this hot. Could it be that it is a 540. Just trying to learn and some people think that if you dont know this stuff you should not own it. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Need to learn some how. Scott did right by me. But I think that is it for our doing business. So I will need to find a good shop here in Vegas to tune it, any suggestion?
Old 10-25-2009, 07:39 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Just took the car for a drive. It fired right up. It is overdriven 12.5% and it ran great for the 2 miles I drove it. I did nothing to it except install it in car complete. When I got back the plug wires seemed extremely hot I have the headers wrapped and have plug sleeves on and they were still smoking hot. Temp gun with engine running read 1500 degrees. I dont know if this is normal or not. Anyways It seems to run real good. Thanks Scott and Dynoflo for fixing this isuue. He seems to be a stand up guy, regardless of what this thread says. I appriciate the effort and time. Regardless of what you think.

its lean or timing is off would be my guess. I hope you rechecked the timing once in the car 90% of the time it will be different then dyno
Old 10-25-2009, 09:33 PM
firepro65
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by hammertime

its lean or timing is off would be my guess. I hope you rechecked the timing once in the car 90% of the time it will be different then dyno
No I did not check it. Last time I checked it and called him to change it from 38 degrees to like 32 or 34 he said dont touch it. So it seems I am damned if i do and damned if i dont. So I will try to discuss it with the builder, but he says he has went over this with me for atotal of 6 hours according to his post. I just need to take it somewhere and have it tune and I am trying to learn but was insulted for admitting I dont know alot. This is why i paid a professional to build it. But I know enough to know exhaust is never suppose to be 1500 degrees with a heat gun coming off the headers that are wrapped at a idle. But I can't say anything or some people on here think I am ungreatful . I am sure you did not know everything when you got started. But from the post you leave , you seem to know alot. So thanks for your responce. I agree it is off butis it timing or jets. I will leave it to the pros. Just like I did last time. Changed nothing from original build and tune until the motor blew my radiator apart. But he did step up my rebuild it he says. i guess the bearings were bad. This doesnt explain the water in the motor. Thanks for listening.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:26 AM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

A rich condition at idle will cause this due to the unburned fuel still burning inside the headers,or a late burn due to a retarded timing condition,these can both be caused by several different factors,you need to get this looked at by a pro..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -