Let's make this list shorter

Old 05-04-2008, 07:24 PM
robinhorn
CRAFTSMAN

ziper06 and others. This can and will happen to you if you sell. As for them taking back money they only can if something is in the account. So you who think pal pal is safe, it is for actual people selling real items. If someone want to steal your cash then pal pay is the best bet. Like stated above, only a small refund.

I sold a guy parts on ebay and he got the part and then claimed fraud. I won, why because I had all the emails and tracking number and proof he got the item. My money was held up for 45 days. Now that is a long time not knowing if your going to get your cash.

I see a number of people talking about UPS and C.O.D. I don't use ups I do truck shipping. Check the rate out sometime you will see why I do. Look at how you class a item. Car parts are way less then if you say rims and new stuff. Class it as used car PARTS.

The front frame weighed 200 pounds and the shipping was $112.00 and was at the dock in 2 days.

All I am saying is don't just give these a$$holes your hard earned money. I hate to see people lose thousands of dollars because of trying to save a few bucks.

I just completed a case in NC where a young lady took someone elses name and conducted fraud to the tune of $69,000.00 dollars. This was her 3rd time. Yes 3rd time and she got 30 months in jail. She made out, that equals $2,300.00 a month.

If you think you will ever get you money back you are dreaming. Some people get lucky... I helped a few. 99% of the time they go to jail and you get a paper that says if they ever have money you will get some. Well stand in line because these people also do not pay tax. IRS is first in line.

I would like to state a post that asked for people to post if they ever got back money lost in a scam and how much did they get back. It's a wake up call people.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I was speaking in hypotheticals...I have never nor do I plan on ripping anyone off. I always ship immediately and have perfect feedback...I was just thinking about hammertime's deal awhile back with the pistons. I even have placed arrows on pictures pointing out bad spots in parts before...don't want anyone feeling ripped off.I know how I would feel.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:31 AM
robinhorn
CRAFTSMAN

Tod74, I hope you did not think I took any of your post in the wrong way. I think everyone who has replied are good people looking to help in a very bad matter.

My post is just to offer another option. I hate seeing people lose money. We all work hard for it and want a deal from time to time.

I am 100% sure not 1 scammer will reply to this post. They come in and read it but offer noting on how to stop them from stealing your money.

Racingjunk should reqiure a credit card to open an account to sell on here. The name on the account would have to match the card. Bam no more 500 different screen names and it be the same scammer.

I know people have cool screen names they post by and I am fine with that. Mine is real.

There has to be a way to set this up. When a guy scams someone then he only gets one person and not 15 or 20.

Ebay has it down.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Gimmethakick
SENIOR BUILDER

I'm all for RJ being a paying members only website. I pay my $6.95 a month and have no intention of ripping anyone off. The people on here that constantly have 3 or 4 cars for sale under 3 or 4 different names and never make an honor payment would be gone. Crooks wouldn't pay for this and its a hell of a lot cheaper than Sam's club. This should get alot of responces.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:56 PM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by Gimmethakick
I'm all for RJ being a paying members only website. I pay my $6.95 a month and have no intention of ripping anyone off. The people on here that constantly have 3 or 4 cars for sale under 3 or 4 different names and never make an honor payment would be gone. Crooks wouldn't pay for this and its a hell of a lot cheaper than Sam's club. This should get alot of responces.

not wanting to start a war on here;;this is just my experance on this subject on not being alowed on this site if you are not a paying member does not keep the scamers away..i'm not a paid member but i've been here for a few years.the reason i'm not a paid member is i'm on disabilty and i can not afford to pay membership and build my car also..i have been a seller[i pay honor payment on everything i sell on here]i'm a bigger buyer on here.i've bought 80% of my parts from this site..now if they was to make this a pay only member site then i would had to buy somewhere else that was open to the public.

back to if was only paying members only site does not make it a honest persons only site..as a matter of fact;;i've been taking on this site 3 different times and 2 of the 3 that took me was paying members..

i feel strongly that if this site had a feedback system as e-bay then this would help us keep from getting took by someone that has bad feedback..bad feedbacks warns you not to buy from this person.

as i said at first of this..don't want a war started over my comments.it is only me thinking out loard only.not pointing at anyone on here at no means..