Rain

Old 08-11-2012, 04:12 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Rain

Can you guys tell I've been bored the last few days? lol

I was ready to go racing today when the bottom fell out.
I've gotten more than 8 inches of rain in the last week and a half. About 2 "s today and a little more than 3 1/2 Tuesday night. Most of that fell in less than 2 hrs.
My parents live about 20 miles south of me and got over 8 1/2 "s last weekend alone. I think they are something like 12+ " s over the last 3 weeks.

You guys getting much?
Old 08-11-2012, 04:52 PM
csx8506
SENIOR BUILDER

The Rabbit,
I live near Tifton, Ga. about 180 miles, give or take, from Augusta. We got 7 and 1/2" of rain from midnite till daylite. The pond behind our house rose over 3 and 1/2 FEET in the same amount of time! We got more rain in that span of time than we've had in any month this year so far!!! I can't remember what nite that was, either I'm getting older or have CRS!
Old 08-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Send some my way, major drought conditions here and we're down somewhere around 14" of rain on average year to date.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 08-11-2012, 06:46 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I am tired of rain :!: That's about all we have had :!: :!:

Mark
Old 08-11-2012, 07:08 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

All usn's West of the mighty Miss are praying for rain. Idaho is on FIRE this summer. Then there was the Colorado fires earlier. I heard the Pacific NW got some wet stuff last week. Food prices are gonna skyrocket with all the corn dying off. Course we could always drink ethenal........... :roll:
Old 08-12-2012, 06:37 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by csx8506
The Rabbit,
I live near Tifton, Ga. about 180 miles, give or take, from Augusta. We got 7 and 1/2" of rain from midnite till daylite. The pond behind our house rose over 3 and 1/2 FEET in the same amount of time! We got more rain in that span of time than we've had in any month this year so far!!! I can't remember what nite that was, either I'm getting older or have CRS!
I saw some bad looking storms on the radar in your area yesterday.

I live right in the middle of town 1 mile from the Savannah river. Usually storms follow the river, but I think the city pushes a lot of the storms north and south and just around my house. People a little south of me, like my parents have gotten more than I have in the last few weeks. With this much rain if you get much wind you start up-rooting big trees and I sure don't need that to happen. I've got a big pine that's been dying for several years and it scares the heck outta me every time a storm comes through. I gotta get it cut down before it falls on somebody's house or my house.

DD the bad thing about all this rain is it's really too late for most of the farmers. It was hot and really dry in the spring and first part of summer.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:12 PM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Man the rain and storms have been and still are horrible here on the east side of fla. This is the most rain i have seen in alot of years. I hope when i get my car up and running i can slide in between the rain and stroms around here.

I wish there was a way to funnel some of this rain to those up in the midwest that could use it. I am pretty much done with all the rain we have had here in Palm Bay fla.

Stay dry and have some fun with the family.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:09 PM
csx8506
SENIOR BUILDER

Default rain

Rabbit,
Your right about being hot and dry in the spring and summer, till now. Most of the farmer's around here grow cotton, which is more drought tolerant than other crops. However, there are good crops of peanuts and corn on unirrigated land as of now.
We did not get our usual wet January's or February's this year. Everybody in South Georgia depends on the Floridian Aquaifier for our water needs. So we're all hoping that the rains continue and keep the Aquaifier high enough for everyone's needs.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:26 PM
fast12
SHOW GUEST

Lot of rain here in Philly on and off mainly with storm's for the last 2 week's.