what size tubing for down bars on cage?

Old 03-05-2010, 07:29 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
Anything outside the cage is strictly for chassis stiffening. Nothing to do with protecting the driver.
doesnt the back bars the ones that go to rear frame, offer support and has to be at least 1 5/8 and be within 5" from top of main hoop ?
Old 03-05-2010, 05:43 PM
promod45
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default bars

they can be what you want i have done some in smaller tubes but then you need more bracing, but from roll bar back its not included in certifing a car, they are only concerned with the part that protects the driver area, if you ever get a chance to see a speck book you will see no bars behind roll bar..
Old 03-05-2010, 08:53 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: bars

Originally Posted by promod45
they can be what you want i have done some in smaller tubes but then you need more bracing, but from roll bar back its not included in certifing a car, they are only concerned with the part that protects the driver area, if you ever get a chance to see a speck book you will see no bars behind roll bar..
No true, the rule book clearly states that the down bars and support bars bhind the main hoop have to be too spec., shown in the 2009 rule book pictured below. Shown as D" and B"

Zip.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:09 AM
coolracing
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: bars

Originally Posted by zipper06
Originally Posted by promod45
No true, the rule book clearly states that the down bars and support bars bhind the main hoop have to be too spec., shown in the 2009 rule book pictured below. Shown as D" and B"

Zip.

He is talking about bars from the A pillar bars to the front stub...