MURRAY at CAM PERFORMANCE

Old 01-20-2018, 05:07 PM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

Default MURRAY at CAM PERFORMANCE

1st thing i need to say is I am not the buyer, Mr. Dave Dunlap is and is a friend of mine, Dave is old school and does not use a computer and asked me to help him out. Seems Murray at Cam performance sold Dave a Blown Big block chevy ready to drop in and go, the deal has gone on for over 3 years (this is Daves statement to me) and he paid Murray over $20K for this engine, as of today he still does not have it. Murray sent me a message a couple weeks ago and said the engine was on the dyno but he was waiting for a few small parts. Okay, maybe so here is what I think would be a good faith on Murrays part, take a few pictures of Daves engine along with a list of parts you used in the build,Post them on this site, that will show that in fact you do have an engine for Dave and it will let all of us know what you put in the build. I am not calling you a scammer but I posted this over 6 months ago and you called Dave and put a little scare in him and told him I better take it off this site, and I did because Dave asked me to. So lets get this cleared up and make your customer happy, just give him what he paid for, its an easy deal.Murray Lets get you on here to tell your side of the story, you say he still owes you money, he says you are paid in full. How about those pictures of Daves engine??? Do you have his engine?UPDATE: Murray sent me a list of parts he said was used in the engine build as I requested, not sure why he did not come on here and post them but here is his parts list.#1. Block is our "PRO" block. #2. Diamond pistons. #3. 4340 forged rods. #4. 4340 forged crank. (he gave no brand names is why i did not post them) #5 Howards Hyd roller cam. #6.Afr 220 heads ans Jesel shaft rockers, manly push rods. #7. Cloyes timing chain. #8.Moroso oil pan and pump. #9.Msd distributor. #10. CVR electric water pump. #11. Moroso Vacuum pump.#12.ATI dampner. #13.Arp fastners. #14.FEL pro gaskets. #15.Blower Shop Alky 871 blower. #16,. Enderle Bug catcher injector.

Last edited by SuperComp1R; 01-26-2018 at 05:28 AM.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:25 AM
jayvee34
SENIOR BUILDER

Anybody can take a picture of an engine, that does not prove a thing. If I spent over 20K for an engine and
had not received it in a timely manner, I would make Mr. Murray spend the 20K plus on an attorney, because
when my attorney got through with him the engine would have been a lot less.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:03 AM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

might be hard to fake this one, has a few different things going on it, such as a bead blasted blower, so yes it will prove that he has this motor or not.
Originally Posted by jayvee34 View Post
Anybody can take a picture of an engine, that does not prove a thing. If I spent over 20K for an engine and
had not received it in a timely manner, I would make Mr. Murray spend the 20K plus on an attorney, because
when my attorney got through with him the engine would have been a lot less.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:35 AM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

I have got a few E mails from people on here that have seen this, not sure why they don't want to post there questions on here, so i will just say that there are a lot of good engine builders out there but I found out years ago that I can go to people like Reher & Morrison or Scott Shafiroff for the same price or less and its more often than not built and shipped when they said it would be.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:00 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

I find the bigger the engine builder, the more it will cost and the longer it will take to get it. One possible exception is Scott Shafiroff. He claims to have inventory and good people to do an engine in as little as a week. He has a video online of his shop, equipment, inventory and how he does his engine work in a short time.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:47 AM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

I have purchased from Reher and Morrison and Scott Shafiroff, both have been on time, and i paid what i was quoted and got the parts i paid for, as i said there are a lot of good engine builders, then there are some who are pretty scary. best to get a solid quote from any builder and hold him to it. A quote means parts quoted and a time frame. Sometimes cheaper is not the way to go.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:37 PM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

update, murray says buyer still owes him money, just not sure how much, asked the buyer to send all his invoices to him to see if they match???? my question to murray is, you sent him his invoices, why would they not match?
Old 02-15-2018, 12:43 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Murray had sent me a few messags and I honestly thought he would come over to the forum and give some sort of explanation
I guess that is not happening, I really hope Dave either gets what he paid for or his money back!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 02-17-2018, 07:30 AM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

From my point of view this 3+ year engine build sure looks like it fits in this scammer section, but if I am wrong Murray come on this site and tell us your side of this story.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:36 AM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

Well murray, are you ever going to send dave his engine? one thing i have noticed that no one has come on here as a customer of murrays and told us all how wrong we are about murray and how he/she has done business with him and what a great guy he is......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -