gettting agravated

Old 01-07-2010, 05:10 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

Default gettting agravated

i know my car (body wise) nothing special). but with the money in motor would think i could get decent responses. but no that aint happening. now i have 2500 in port/ polish and rebuilding heads plus machine work on block and part there is another 2500. ive tried for around 5k and even on cars with a price 1/2 what motor is worth yet people are like sure but need 2-4 in addition. and yea i get pisssed and give them a peice of my mind. but damn im i crazy for not "paying" them to take my hard earned money that i put in to the motor off my hands? the ad is 1701817 have second on same car cause first is due to expire soon any thought ideas im open to
Old 01-07-2010, 05:56 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Throw a cheap set of chrome wheels on it and some kid will buy it.
My dad had a early 80's monte that sat at his station for sale for several weeks. It had factory mags and white wall tires. On day he decided to turn the white walls to the inside. The car sold the next day. Tires and wheels can make or break a deal.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:49 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

You got to be kidding me! Hello it's a 77 monte...lol

I dont mean to hurt your feelings but theres noway you'll get any serious offers on that tuna boat.

Around here with the car in that condition (rust & turd brown paint) you'd be lucky to get $2000 :shock: New 5K motor or not.

You built yourself a bonafied money pit dude, it happens.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:24 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

i some time think out side the box cepx it is the last year of gms abody last full size monte produced. no disrespect but everybody builds camaros novas chevelles( with the execption of the lost years 73-77) i mean dont get me wrong i like them to but a guy loses interest when you go to the shows and track and theyre there 10 to 1 and prices are getting astronomical. so i guess what im saying is that people put these cars to crushers ect till one day bam they will be wanted and prices go through the roof like 60"s wagons
Old 01-07-2010, 09:34 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Very True.

At any given night at our track there is no less than 10 1st generation camaros, 10 or so 69-71 novas, toss in a few chevelles and mustangs and thast it.
It's always nice to see someone do something different, like a monte.

I actually owed a 76 monte for about a year, it was fine car.
But dam you cant keep a set of hinges on them things, the doors gotta weigh 150 lbs!
Old 01-07-2010, 09:37 PM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

Sam, I know it is a hard pill to swallow, but what you have "invested" is totally irrelevant to "what it is worth" to the rest of the world.
Most of us know from experience, we have over three times in our car projects and engines than we could ever get out of it, that's just the way it goes in the supply and demand market.
And, a .060 over SBC 350 are a dime a dozen, nobody wants them... you can't hardly give a 60 over SBC away. That block could/should never be bored again 'reasonably'. You don't mention any high end parts that could be salvaged out it later for another project, so it is just a run of the mill engine as far as anyone else sees it...
I agree with others on the car style itself...that is not a highly sought after car in any market... one of Chevrolet's drunken aftermath mistakes that killed the Monte legend for many years to come, so you are going to be real lucky if you even get half of what you have invested in it. Hell, we were even talking about cutting it up into a beat-m-up stock car.
Sorry, I know it is hard to acccept, but that is reality, and life is never fair...
My suggestion... finish fixing it up nice, drive it and enjoy it, as it is worth more to you than to anyone else at this point.
Jim
Old 01-07-2010, 09:37 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

beleive it or not my doors dont sag
Old 01-07-2010, 09:38 PM
mooneye777
MASTER BUILDER

My 1st wife and I bought a car exactly like that, same color and top in 1981. I would buy it but it would constantly remind me of her, That SluttttxaskkdsKYdyskuyrysyhfd.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:46 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

i can live with losing 1/2 of what i got into it just cause of the body both style and condition even the economy screws values thats why ive even tried to trade on 1500-2500 cars/trucks ect but its the people that say they want like 2k plus car on 2500 car that bothers me
Old 01-07-2010, 09:48 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dragonmaster093
beleive it or not my doors dont sag
They will....lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -