regulator

Old 03-04-2010, 05:17 PM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Regulator

What about mounting the regulator right at the carb on a bracket? They sell brackets for all brands of regulators that mount off the carb studs for 4150 and 4500 style carbs. Just run your main fuel hose along the passenger fender and make a 180 degree turn back toward the carb. Then 2 short #6 lines out of regulator to the carb bowls.
I have never had any problems doing it this way, running 4 seconds in 1/8 mile. Vibration doesn't appear to effect it as far as I can tell.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:03 AM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Mounted mine on the farthest forward intake bolt with a bracket that i built.Very solid but no vibration problems in several years.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Regulator

Originally Posted by markdunlap
What about mounting the regulator right at the carb on a bracket? They sell brackets for all brands of regulators that mount off the carb studs for 4150 and 4500 style carbs. Just run your main fuel hose along the passenger fender and make a 180 degree turn back toward the carb. Then 2 short #6 lines out of regulator to the carb bowls.
I have never had any problems doing it this way, running 4 seconds in 1/8 mile. Vibration doesn't appear to effect it as far as I can tell.
Mark,

I like those brackets. I thought about getting one & doing it that way myself. I have changed so many AN lines/fittings now (built my own quick disconnect 4500 dual feed too) that I am too sick of having to do yet another steel braided line & AN set up. I am just venting... I have so many different AN fittings & fuel parts now from learning that I have gotten burnt out on doing it over & over. I should have just done that bracket in the first place!!!