This is a great car guy story....

Old 08-28-2009, 04:06 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default This is a great car guy story....

http://blog.cardomain.com/2009/08/27...camaro-owners/
Old 08-28-2009, 04:19 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

I read that article on how he got reunited with his old Camaro. That was pretty cool.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:25 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

If I can ever get some extra cash (hard to do these days), I'd really like to track down my parents old 71 GTO.

They bought it 2 weeks before I was delivered in 1970, and sold it two weeks before my 15th birthday (learners permit anyone?)...

Of course, they said it was to keep me safe... Little did they know that 7 years later I'd own a blown alky ride... :shock:

I really miss that car. I remember dad yelling at me as a kid for putting my feet on the seat backs (hey, they were plastic, not material!!!). Then, when I was older, maybe 5-6th grade, nearly hitting a stupid lady who didn't stop at a light, and I implanted my two front teeth into the dash... (We wore seat belts after that day)...

Then around 12-13, doing donuts in the snow behind Venture, while waiting for mom to finish shopping...

Oh the good ole days... I miss them dearly. Also miss the GTO...