trans-brake

Old 10-08-2008, 07:30 AM
macksstreetrod
JOURNEYMAN

Hey guys...thanks for the help
pulled the sol seams to be fine, pulled the shaft out, there is a spring in the end of it and has an adj screw on the other...with the sol where it was their was no tension at all. seams to me when sol is screw in ageist the shaft and spring it should push sol out then when you press button it goes in....i adj.to where sol plunger is pushed out but still has a little bit of travel before it hits the shaft..going to try that and see .....thanks for replying
Dale
Old 10-08-2008, 07:44 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by macksstreetrod
Hey guys...thanks for the help
pulled the sol seams to be fine, pulled the shaft out, there is a spring in the end of it and has an adj screw on the other...with the sol where it was their was no tension at all. seams to me when sol is screw in ageist the shaft and spring it should push sol out then when you press button it goes in....i adj.to where sol plunger is pushed out but still has a little bit of travel before it hits the shaft..going to try that and see .....thanks for replying
Dale
Are you sure it has the right length tbrake sol on it ? They do make different ones.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:28 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

can you tell us about the tranny? did you just put it together? Did you buy it used? who put it together? This is a simple problem but we need a solid place to tell you to start looking. Depending on the year of the case............................ you probably have reverse flowing in the wrong hole were the early model rear pump was, making for no reverse when a transbrake vb is used, transbrakes all use the latemodel cases with reverse feed hole near the bottom not the top. When using a 62-64ish case you need to plug the origonal hole and drill it in the latemodel spot. I could fax you pic if needed.

Keith
Old 10-08-2008, 01:27 PM
macksstreetrod
JOURNEYMAN

got it used from someone you cant trust ,no sense in even asking them...I pulled the sol out shaft is in...has spring on one end and an adjustment screw on the other ...I measured all together and there is no way it was pushing the shaft when u hit the sol ..so i backed of on the adj. screw to where there is about 40-50 tho.space between sol & shaft..now when I hit the button it pushes shaft in ...
goes in revere now when i press brake seems to be no strain in rev. but not sure of clearance should have between sol & shaft?
try to give it a try to night
Dale
Old 10-10-2008, 12:39 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

That black cat scares me....
Old 10-10-2008, 02:15 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

i think thats a dog
Old 10-11-2008, 10:14 PM
macksstreetrod
JOURNEYMAN

My ex-wife thinks were both dogs :roll: ..thanks again guys...thanks a bunch for the help
Dale
Old 11-27-2008, 09:42 PM
nova7415
SHOW GUEST

Default cat?

Originally Posted by cepx111
That black cat scares me....
It looks more like a dog to me :shock: .