MILITARY QUOTES WORTH NOTING

Old 01-16-2009, 08:29 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Hi guys, been awhile since I posted in this thread. Sometimes you just gotta take a break!
I wanted to share this drawing with ya'll, it is not a military quote, it is a picture that Jay drew for me when he was around 8 years old or so......

I am not a believer in luck, ghosts, witchcraft etc. I rarely believe what I cannot see, I need proof. But I must say, I often wonder if this wasn't meant to make me spend more time with Jay. As most know, Jay was killed by a roadside bomb in Iraq in '05, while manning the machine gun on the Humvee, travelling along a river, as seen in his drawing.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:58 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Rudy,
Some of us in this life just KNOW what our destiny will be. Yet we forge ahead with gusto to meet that destiny head on with no fear and with great pride and faith.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:55 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

And THIS is precisely why our military is so darn special......just training has great risk......

http://videos.komando.com/2009/01/19...ed-in-seconds/
Old 01-24-2009, 06:32 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

I wanted to bring this thread back to the top. We got a new scanner today, I am going to post a picture of Jay and see how it turns out.....This is Jay on Bucky at a local horse show.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:37 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

My son committed suicide ten years ago Feb.09. He was only 13. And I still cry myself to sleep sometimes. We'll be with them soon. God Bless you Rudy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 06:48 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

TOP..............
Old 01-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Rudy,

That is an earry thought (that picture). Interesting.... I know that if you could do it all over again, you may do many things different. If you could have spent more time with Jay knowing that he would not be around in his 20's... you would have. You didn't know. It is said in the Bible that "there is no condemnation in Christ" therefore, my opinion is that you should not condemn yourself while you are greiving. Keep remembering what Jay would ask you to do while he is not here... I bet he knows you really miss him, but he wants you to live fully until you both are reunited. Keep your chin up.

dparker: I am sorry to hear about your son!! I lost a good friend that way... painful stuff. I am a father of two kids (they are young) & I often think of what I can do so they don't make the same mistakes I have made, or worse. Fact is, they are going to do what they do. It is the risk of being a parent I guess. We all seem to have some commonalities here on this forum... we all have a few skeletons, hardships, etc... but it is amazing how many here seem to believe in God. Anyways, you & Rudy are going through a parents worst nightmare. All I can say is that you are both great guys & even though I am younger than both of you & not seen what you have, I am very happy to see that you both have God in your families.

God Bless you both & keep praying... hopefully w/ the friendship here we all can help you pass some time & help each other survive this cold world we live in. Scooter
Old 02-01-2009, 05:00 AM
john858
EXPERT BUILDER

Old 02-01-2009, 07:15 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Hey Rudy,

That is an earry thought (that picture). Interesting.... I know that if you could do it all over again, you may do many things different. If you could have spent more time with Jay knowing that he would not be around in his 20's... you would have. You didn't know. It is said in the Bible that "there is no condemnation in Christ" therefore, my opinion is that you should not condemn yourself while you are greiving. Keep remembering what Jay would ask you to do while he is not here... I bet he knows you really miss him, but he wants you to live fully until you both are reunited. Keep your chin up.

dparker: I am sorry to hear about your son!! I lost a good friend that way... painful stuff. I am a father of two kids (they are young) & I often think of what I can do so they don't make the same mistakes I have made, or worse. Fact is, they are going to do what they do. It is the risk of being a parent I guess. We all seem to have some commonalities here on this forum... we all have a few skeletons, hardships, etc... but it is amazing how many here seem to believe in God. Anyways, you & Rudy are going through a parents worst nightmare. All I can say is that you are both great guys & even though I am younger than both of you & not seen what you have, I am very happy to see that you both have God in your families.

God Bless you both & keep praying... hopefully w/ the friendship here we all can help you pass some time & help each other survive this cold world we live in. Scooter

What I have learned thru all this and I'm sure Rudy has too, is that without my faith in God, friends and family I couldn't have made it. Just knowing that others genuinely care shows me Christ's love first hand and renews my faith that someday me and son will be together again as the bible tells us. A friend once asked me: if you open your door at midnight will it be daylight or dark? I responded: it will be dark. and then he asked my why. I responded: because everytime I've ever open my door at midnight its been dark. and he said yes and thats how faith is built, everytime you pray or see people showing Gods love, it reinforces that there is a God and thru him we do have eternal salvation.

A few weeks after my son died we were having a rough time going to church, it seemed every song was about him, it just hurt to much. To kinda show the impact my son had people around him, our church decided to have church that sunday in our front yard. Unbenounced to us over a hundred church members woke us up singing in our front yard, and our church uses drums and other instruments. It was unbelievable, as we listened and sang I watched hundreds of people walking up to see what was going on. Neighbors we had never seen or spoke with walked up and joined in. Probably 400 or so. As the service went on people were enquiring about why here, as the story passed around, people cried, people prayed, and people were saved. I tear up everytime I remember.
God is Great and so are his Followers. Thank you again and God Bless!!!
Old 02-01-2009, 09:05 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Dparker, Thanks for telling us that story. That is how it is supposed to be. In these times, it is good hear about Gods truth. For me is simple: God is truth, Satan is made of lies. I have great comfort knowing that God is powerful, all knowing, and the truth. I do not have to understand the mystery of faith & God... I can't anyways... God is alot smarter & powerful than I. Once I accepted that, I do not get bogged down by atheists & college professors saying that we come from apes & evolution & nonsense of the like.

I honestly could not imagine what to tell a man who has lost his son... I can't imagine... if I lost my boy... but all I can think of is faith right now. I am glad you have your faith. I am convinced your boy will be there when you finnaly come to your real home... I have no doubts. Scooter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -