Blower Question

Old 11-23-2010, 06:02 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Is your motor together ? I personally would not run static compression that high if its gonna be a street driven machine..It limits the amount of boost you can run....I would drop it back to 9:1 static compression and be able to run a little more boost..while keeping the Bottom end Tq Respectable...I would also go with a cometic head gasket...Proper cam selection is gonna mean all the difference in the world...

what is your purpose with the engine,,Street or Strip ?....The Boost from a Blower motor is what the prize Treasure is all about...If you have a chance to look at a dyno sheet from one of these (smallest of blowers) I think you will find that the Tq Curve is what is so impressive about running a blower making boost...and why its most important to get the extra 3 or 4 Lbs of Boost from these blower set ups...
The HP increase is OK but you will appreciate the TQ the blower makes way more then the HP.

What your after with this blower is when getting it in High gear its still pulling your Nuts off at 80/100 mph

I too have a 144 B&M blower I have sitting in the shop.....also got The crank,rods and Pistons......

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by bjuice
Is your motor together ? I personally would not run static compression that high if its gonna be a street driven machine..It limits the amount of boost you can run....I would drop it back to 9:1 static compression and be able to run a little more boost..while keeping the Bottom end Tq Respectable...I would also go with a cometic head gasket...Proper cam selection is gonna mean all the difference in the world...

what is your purpose with the engine,,Street or Strip ?....The Boost from a Blower motor is what the prize Treasure is all about...If you have a chance to look at a dyno sheet from one of these (smallest of blowers) I think you will find that the Tq Curve is what is so impressive about running a blower making boost...and why its most important to get the extra 3 or 4 Lbs of Boost from these blower set ups...
The HP increase is OK but you will appreciate the TQ the blower makes way more then the HP.

What your after with this blower is when getting it in High gear its still pulling your Nuts off at 80/100 mph

I too have a 144 B&M blower I have sitting in the shop.....also got The crank,rods and Pistons......
The motor is together and has about 30 pases and some street time on it in my old Camaro. I was thinking of dropping it in my pro street comet and then the blower deal came along which i could not pass up. So basically Im looking at pistons,rebalancing the assembly,changing the cam,and new head gasket to run this blower.

I plan on street cruising and just want more balls in my Comet, for the occasional trip to the track. But 95% driving will be street cruising.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:08 AM
cncmotorsports
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by Julianthe3rd
Originally Posted by cncmotorsports
Originally Posted by Julianthe3rd
Originally Posted by doorracer
KB make forged piston also that are very nice and priced pretty good. I have them in my 383.

Curtis
Got a part number or link? Also my cam is not optimal,would have to change that too.
If you change the pistons, here is a link to a New KB Icon.
They are very nice.

http://www.cnc-motorsports.com/produ...84&CtgID=12783

Agreed, Hyperutetic and boost not a great idea, but it does work if your a good tuner.

Thats rods and pistons for that price?
That's pistons only
Old 11-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

I would need to change my cam also.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:15 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

I think I would just build a short block for the blower and leave my other motor together ,,JMO
Old 11-25-2010, 07:03 AM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by maniac
I think I would just build a short block for the blower and leave my other motor together ,,JMO
i might just build a big block..lol..
Old 11-25-2010, 08:54 AM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Heres a little cheaper selection of pistons maybe you can find some cheaper ones. This is towards the Icon pistons that you were talking about.
http://www.competitionproducts.com/I...products/1152/
Old 11-25-2010, 09:00 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

welcome back seth....where ya been? :P
Old 11-25-2010, 09:44 AM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by burnskustomz
Heres a little cheaper selection of pistons maybe you can find some cheaper ones. This is towards the Icon pistons that you were talking about.
http://www.competitionproducts.com/I...products/1152/
There is no piston on that page that suits my needs.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
welcome back seth....where ya been? :P
detention....cleaning erasers. :lol:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -