Anyone build headers in North Ga area?

Old 07-09-2010, 04:08 AM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Re: hey chris

Originally Posted by phillip1320
chris im phillip from Hedman The thing is on hedders for your car is the opel has limited room even though it is a chassis car... and you said you have arms as well if it were a strut front end it would be easier to build. yes i understand your shock as you say about th price but when you count in the cost of materials and welding supplies and a person to build you a custon set on your car for a 18degree motor. it adds up! either us or lakepoint tube chassis would build you a custom set for your car that would have sparkplug clearence and a-arm travel and ground clearance as much as possible with it being a very low opel. chris i hope you find someone to do this but it might be a costly job to have done! good luck chris if you need a kit or just a bunch of bends and flanges ,give me a shout! hope this helps later phillip [/i]
Hey Phillip,
Thanks for replying. and I appreciate the info you gave me over the phone. I guess I did not take into conisderation how low the car sits. I will keep yall in mind though. Again, it was nice talking to you and if I do decide to just purchase the weld-up kit, I will let yall know.

Chris
Old 07-09-2010, 04:10 AM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by zipper06
Chris, you have another option, other than going under the car, you could put a hole in the back of the front fenders and run a combination of fenderwell type headers, we're seeing more of this type setup in the last couple yrs. on a-arm chassis cars, i have a friend who has Baretta with this type setup. The tubes are about 24" long then the collector.

JMO

Zip.
thats what most everyone Runs up here in the 10.5 class and other Big hp applications..I also run this fender well type header on my Nova and will never go back to under the car type headers on this type car..very little fumes to fight breathing and the noise level is reduced drastically...but you will see people standing outside the car holding their ears.. just the same with Zoomies
Hey Brian and Zip, I will look into those. Brian I will give that guy a call today and see what we can work out.

Chris
Old 07-09-2010, 04:31 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

for all the work that goes into making a custom set of headers and have them perfect witch im sure hedman would, I would pay the 1800. jmo
Old 07-09-2010, 05:44 AM
phillip1320
SHOW GUEST

Default fenderwells.

hey chris depending on the fuel you run... if its methanol, i would go with a fenderwell exit hedder. just so the fumes dont run you out of the car. the opel being a small car with small interior. you would want all the ventilation you can get.so like a lot of other have said on here a side exit fenderwell would be best! methanol is a pain if you cant breathe trying to stage the car!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 06:17 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Phillip, do you guys sell a weld up kit that comes out and exits above the running board for a SBC 27 roadster?

Sorry for the Hijack Chris.

Oh, and welcome to the forum Phillip. Glad to see people from the manufacturers here.

Curtis Reed