Old 12-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by Julianthe3rd
Originally Posted by Tod74
How do you cheat in a "street race" ?

the best bullshitter wins.

There was one episode with 2 mustangs. one guy was from BOSTON. They got screwed.The other mustang was clearly faster and they were obviously sand bagging,but Rich gave them whatever race they wanted it seemed. Then in the last race the guy had him covered so bad he burped the throttle all the way down the track. I fealt bad for the kid that lost.
Ummmm, you just said how to cheat in a street race. They are supposed to agree to bring a car that runs a certain time, like say 11.50 cars. Now if you bring a car that is capable of an 11.0 obviously thats within reason with all the BS car lengths and BS ing going on. But when I bring an 11.5 car like we we agreed and you show up with a car capable of 9.0's then obviously your cheating.
the earlier seasons they did not have any type of rules for how fast the car goes. It was Nate's job(after he was hired) to match cars up that were close.I don't know how they did it toward the end.

There is no cheating in a street race.They lie through their teeth to get the advantage. But I know what you meant,and it is a good point. I hate iot when one car is way faster than the other.
Generally a good street racer who races for money, has an idea of how fast his opponents car will be even with a little edge, and would pick and choose his races accordingly.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Julianthe3rd
Generally a good street racer who races for money, has an idea of how fast his opponents car will be even with a little edge, and would pick and choose his races accordingly.
and then lie through his teeth.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:32 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

i heard(so dont quote this as gospel) that on one of the last orginal pinks rich screwed a guy out of his car and the guy killed himself and people from his neck of the woods pressured them to end the show i have no proof just hear say so PLEASE DONT QUOTE
Old 12-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by dragonmaster093
i heard(so dont quote this as gospel) that on one of the last orginal pinks rich screwed a guy out of his car and the guy killed himself and people from his neck of the woods pressured them to end the show i have no proof just hear say so PLEASE DONT QUOTE
I could believe that, rich was a scumbag on that show..
Old 12-27-2010, 06:52 PM
joeq66
SHOW GUEST

I ran pink all out in indy last year and had a great time.Im just a street car guy with a mid 10sec car.It was a real good time for us since we had 4 guys that went to the race.I saw some of the 2010 events and it was getting more and more about the pinks crew and less about the racers.I hear recently that the speed channel wasnt running it in 2011..
Old 12-29-2010, 09:21 AM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

When i did pinks in Etown, i did not see anyone from the show the entire time other than when we did our arm drop pass. The only person i spoke to was Nate on the phone several times, who my friend was personal friends with and got me the hook up last minute. It was an experience, but it was nothing like you see on TV thats for sure

They only come out into the lanes and talk to the final 32, and they were very biased towards Imports and it was very obvious. lol for good reason I must admit. I have yet to see an import run as consistant as mine did. 10.26-10-27 all day off the foot brake. 8)

All the smack talking i did, and i would probably do it again since i live close to the track and it was only like $75. Where else can you win $10,000 for $75??

I do know that Nate and his brother branched off and do that "grass roots" drag series, but i have yet to see any TV coverage on it..I think he had a falling out with Rich.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:35 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

I see nate and his brother with a bright future ahead of them along with Donald long ( duck)...the appeal for grassroots racing is growing fast. 8)
Old 12-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
I see nate and his brother with a bright future ahead of them along with Donald long ( duck)...the appeal for grassroots racing is growing fast. 8)
i think Pinks has served it purpose and is done. what it did do well is commercialize Drag racing and bring it main stream which has its pros and cons for the industry. whatever you can do to get more participants and viewers is good for business, but bad for actual racing. Its a double edged sword.

i think of Pinks as the Ringling Brothers of drag racing. If you notice, ther has not been one legitimate name in drag racing to associate themselves with the show in any fashion, cause they know ultimately, rich is about Rich and ratings, not the racers.

Nate is very different and loves the cars, and the racing period! Really cool guy, he actually called me to set up my pass and returned my calls and emails promptly. We spoke like 3 or 4 times. but the day of the show, i didnt see him or anyone from Pinks at all. I definitely will attend a grass roots show and support them.

what I absolutely hate about Pinks is Rich's attitude. when he makes a bad call, which is like 99% of the time, and someone contests his call, he does the typical "Well its my show, Ill do what i want". Reall BS if you ask me.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:10 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

x2. I bet most here would agree.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
x2. I bet most here would agree.
Wait, what did you say?Agree?With me? LOL sorry had to... 8)