STOLEN!!! 69 camaro red w/black stripes and 55 chevy bel air

Old 06-25-2010, 01:16 PM
nikk777
SHOW GUEST

Default STOLEN!!! 69 camaro red w/black stripes and 55 chevy bel air

www.RogersRaceTeam.com I've created a site for the flyer!!! Please spread the word, the flyer, this post, whatever you can. If you just print 1 and pass it along or ask to post it at the gas station, waffle house, give it to a cop or wrecker driver,anything.... you'd help me a great deal!!!

My dad's hot rods were stolen out of the garage during the early morning Wednesday 6/16/10. The camaro is unmistakable...pro street, show car, tubbed, with a hood scoop as tall as the car. The hood is off the camaro in the pictures but when it is on, it is VERY distinguishable. It's as high as the roof! A 8" cowl induction with a pro mod scoop on top of that. Even if it's a different color you couldn't ignore that part.

55 is tubbed also, interior is gutted but the dash is a royal blue. Both have motors with blowers/superchargers. Both cars are tubbed out with tires 18" wide on each side. Pro-street style. The picture of the 55 was taken before the tubbs.

Cars were in jonesboro, GA at my moms house. 55 was in the driveway and camaro was in the garage. They moved here escalade to the other side of the street, snatched the 55, busted a panel out of the garage, broke in and drug the camaro out. We think they were taken with a repo/snatch truck considering how and where things were done. The cars would be moved on a rollback wrecker, trailer, or with the repo truck. They wouldn't be driving them.

My dad passed away 2 months ago so this weekend was going to be hard enough...now this has just made it worse! He had left the cars to me and my sister. They are worth about $80k+ but the sentimental value outweighs that substantially. HAPPY to pay a sizeable reweard for any information leading to the recovery.

Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated! Put out the word, put up a picture, whatever you can do please. They could be in TX by now but the internet travels pretty far too! Could have changed colors.

They also took a car trailer. Not a normal trailer, it is a tilt trailer. No ramps, the entire bed tilts down and you drive the car up on it. It was black. Had a distinguishable crease/dent on the lip of it where someone tried to load a forklift on it once. I'm hoping they are careless with the trailer and leave it out somewhere to lead us to them...that's all I got right now is hope...

Old 06-26-2010, 06:55 AM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your dad, and now the cars stolen..,, But now just my two cents worth, look at people that do not come around much now that this happened, usually in these cases, it is someone you know, or another family member that thinks these cars should have went to them,,also my dad lives in Jonesboro.. he hangs out at the VFW { every day },, it is right off HWY 19/43 at the south end of town, and have them hang the pics up there, they get a lot of people there, and most of them are racers, his name is Raymond Morris,,i am sure they will hang up a flyer for you..my name is Ray Morris,,i will let him know u may be by there,,hope this helps.Ray morris
Old 06-27-2010, 07:14 PM
JIMMY454
SHOW GUEST

So sorry to here about your dad. I live in Dothan,Al. and will pass the word around to the people I know.Just a FYI from my experience it is more than likely someone that knows you and knew your dad.If I see anything that looks like either of them I will look real close and let you know.Gopod luck on finding them.Try and aotice if anyone you know comes up with new and expensive stuff, Notice I did'nt say friend because a true one would never do this in the first place.Again good luck, Phil.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:18 PM
JIMMY454
SHOW GUEST

So sorry to here about your dad. I live in Dothan,Al. and will pass the word around to the people I know.Just a FYI from my experience it is more than likely someone that knows you and knew your dad.If I see anything that looks like either of them I will look real close and let you know.Good luck on finding them.Try and aotice if anyone you know comes up with new and expensive stuff, Notice I did'nt say friend because a true one would never do this in the first place.Again good luck, Phil.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:14 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

I will scout everything north of Atlanta and keep my ears open. Someone will say something sooner or later. It had to have taken several people to pull that off. You've heard the saying, "The only way two people can keep a secret is for one to be dead".
Old 06-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Wow. Nice rides. That hurts.... really sorry to hear that!! The time to get them is NOW... that Camaro is unmistakable. They will dissect it soon & start selling/using the parts. They would be crazy to sell that car as it sits. Eyes & ears are open...
Old 06-29-2010, 02:22 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry to hear about your dad and now this. I live just south of Atlanta and will keep my eyes open. Hope you have some serial #'s from the car and motor. Like someone already said they will take it all apart and sell it piece by piece. Also take any info you have on the motor to all the local machine shops. It's not uncomon for a motor to show up 2 or 3 years later to get worked on.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:37 PM
nikk777
SHOW GUEST

VIN #'s are on the flyer at the website www.RogersRaceTeam.com ...only thing on that site is the flyer. List of motor parts on there too. Working on the other #'s.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:45 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Condolences on your fathers passing.
I will keep an eye out and an ear open in the Charlotte area for you.
Good luck in getting those fine cars back.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:28 AM
jim383
JOURNEYMAN

Sorry about your Dad,Im in north Alabama and will be on the lookout for your car's..