Dyno results

Old 05-22-2008, 07:45 AM
ashtrak
MASTER BUILDER

Default Dyno results

A question i would like to know the answer to if anyone could and thats when looking at a dyno making a pull on an engine the computer you are looking at has HP, Torque and RPM speed amoung other important things to be looking at. what the main question is i am asking is that when you see the HP rate go up on the screen is that the engine HP rating and if it is why doesn't it match what is printed out. Thanks for any help in understanding this
Old 05-22-2008, 08:55 AM
billhendren
MASTER BUILDER

Most dynos can be set up to sample every 100/250/500 rpms so the numbers that flash on the digital readout or computer may have been in between the point of sampling. you may also be looking at raw power numbers where the printed ones will be more or less depending on the correction factor.Bill
Old 05-24-2008, 03:51 AM
ashtrak
MASTER BUILDER

I was looking at the screen and what did flash up and what printed out were two different numbers. I guess i should be happy with what i have. at least it was a solid build with no leaks and motor sounded solid with great response. Maybe i should of put aluminum heads on after all :cry:
Thank you fior the reply back Bill.