Big block
60.00%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Big block or Small block

Old 08-14-2007, 07:40 PM
tommynos
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by bjuice
let me tell you ...there is no whimps running anywhwere close to a 5.24 ET......as a matter of fact the line is Drawn at 6.50 et.......many people can run down to 6.50's with moderate funding and SO-SO know how with tunning Motor/chasiss.......but getting lower than 6.50 the stakes go up..the cost get higher and the tunning gets finer...

the 5.99 mark is the next toughest level to reach,you got to be on your 'A' game you gotta be coming out of the gate hard and your stuff better be putting out 98 to 100% of what it can do....

down to 5.50's and you have to be able to work on your own stuff and know how and why it works and you must stay on top of it..or have a great Pit man..also the cost is not for the average guy..

5.50's to 5.0's...you have spent a LOT OF MONEY,,YOUR STUFF IS TOP OF THE LINE AND YOU ARE ON TOP OF YOUR GAME DRIVING AND EQUIPMENT.

4.90's and below is another world..LARGE Money invloved..a-lot of luck combined with a lot of the above..and HUGE CO-CO NUTS...

Thats my take on it..

anyone else ?

Brian
that about sums it up nothing left to say...but....small blocks rule!!! :lol: ok sorry,forgot my meds
Old 08-14-2007, 11:20 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Brian (you have spent a LOT OF MONEY ) have you ever been told that during any of your builds. Well I have and with due cause. Most of you guy's know my story with my engine and Brett Bowers from back in Oct of last year. I had told my wife that there was a engine in RJ that I wanted to get. She said how much is it I said $12500.00 in the ad she said get it well after two months he said that it would be $17800.00 and he said he wanted to change some thing. She said do you need that and of course I said I did. Well after seven months he calls me an tells me it will cost $19200.00 and I said send my money back. So she tells me you are not going out of this state to get a motor built that were I am putting my foot down. So I end up at RMRE and guess what I get it ahead of the time they said but now I have spent $24000.00 on a blower motor that does not have the blower on it. So to just finish this up I went out to buy a motor off of RJ last Oct for $12500.00 and I have now spent $36600.00 getting the engine ready to run. $5200.00 on trans. $1400.00 on converter. $6000.00 on two rear ends. Torn the inside of the car out that I just got redone. And I can see another $5000.00 before I get it to the dyno. All I say now is how much when they call me and start with WELL WE JUST FOUND. So if anyone needs to confirm what Brian said (you have spent a LOT OF MONEY ) then just ask my wife. Mama has just been hanging on saying you have spent a lot of money.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:22 AM
3dracing
MASTER BUILDER

Well Zip my 477 I have had since '98 and was the first stuff I bought from Reher-Morrison and my first dealings with Wes out there and I have less than 5500 in it. The motor that is in the dragster now that runs 4.70's I have over 10,000 in it. All the parts for in came from RM also.

Steve
Old 08-15-2007, 09:50 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

No Doubt Wes !

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-15-2007, 09:59 AM
tommynos
JUNIOR BUILDER

looks like ill never be at your level as i just dont have the money to make that kind of power,not that i would use it....i like to drive my rides to the track and back....if i had that kind of money to put in a ride, i would do a twin turbo small block,with ac....street tune it around 800-900,which is way more than needed for me at the track or next to a hyabussa...

i have a friend local to me that spent 25k on a big block motor and he is on this site too,problem is he did that before buying a house :shock: that to me is a addiction...he now owns one,but it was 2 years after the build...i do love watching those mean cars i see in your sigs going down the track
Old 08-15-2007, 03:02 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Tommy the best thing for any of us to do is take care of our house hold an wife an kids first. Then build the car of our dreams with in our own budgets. My brother and I have tried to stay with the boys with money and it cant be done someone always has more. We on Racing Junk are all at diffrent levels of budgets but I think all have the same goal in mind to have the best and most out of our hobby's. cepx111 has the best quote that we can all appreciate " Racing is a disease for which the only cure is poverty " I think that may be a little extreme but there is a lot of true to that.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:15 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

I SECOND WESLEY---FAMILY FIRST---CAR SECOND!!! 8) 8) ---IT WON'T WORK OTHERWISE :shock: THE CAR IS THE HOBBY NOT THE FAMILY ---LIVELY
Old 08-15-2007, 03:28 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Well not being a racer I can testify that just vehicles can cost a man alot...I have a nice collection as some know and I have sunken the money from the farm in them but I have what I didn't have when I was younger and we all work for that I think....But your right, FAMILY FIRST and toys after.....I am still waiting to break the tie in voting but it seems it will never end as some how the "Little Ones" keep coming up with mysterious votes...
Old 08-15-2007, 05:45 PM
ash
MASTER BUILDER

I KNEW it!!! You're scart of my 6 cyl!!! :roll: :lol: :lol:

I'll agree with the Wife an' Kids coming first! Got four daughters who think Dad is nuts, liking cars an' all. And a very understanding Wife who thinks it's safer to let me play with my car than to invite me to her side of the family get-to-gethers! :wink: God Bless `em All!
Old 08-15-2007, 06:47 PM
camaro74454
JUNIOR BUILDER

Yep faimly first..I'm just glad the wife never complaines when i buy a part.
It is funny that no matter what level you have to spend you meet someone that has more....I just want to learn what the guy ahead of me knows...just so I can reagh that level and feel small again.

Find the small block guys that keep voting and post up some u tube videos for them to watch instead of voting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -