Registered sex offenders

Old 01-14-2010, 03:15 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Default Registered sex offenders

I posted this in another thread...
I worked with a guy that went to an outdoor concert in the St. Loius area. Of course him and his buddies had been drinking. He peed in the parking lot by his car. Yeah, I know, He shouldn't have. Anyway a cop seen him and he was ticketed. It cost him a lot of money to hire a lawyer to get it lowered to a littering ticket. Otherwise he would've been a registered sex offender. They consider public urination, indecent exposure.

Actually I don't like him and wouldn't care if they would've locked him up. But that's another story.

I think the sex offender list is a good idea. I just want to know why there isn't just a criminal list. Why don't I have the right to know my nieghbor is a thief? They say they have "Rights". You screwed that up when you stole something, beat somebody, or are a habitual DUI driver.

A guy can beat his wife and kids every day and not make a list. If he grabs an adult woman's butt he can be put on the list for life. I could go along with you get on the criminal list after your 2nd conviction.

Multiple time offenders of ANY crime should have to register and it be public records where they live.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:24 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

I agree with you. They should do that and we should have the right to look people up and see if they are or not.

Btw love the soap box!
Old 01-14-2010, 06:06 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i don't have an exact answer to your Question...but i will take a stab at it being ex-lawenforcement.....its the children they (law) feel could be in more danger of a sexual predator,then most other crimes...while i understand a thief ,wife beater,dope head poses some threat to a community ...they are less likely (in general) to prey on your children.

trust me...sexual Predators are on the bottom level of the food chain even in Prison...bottom line they will get Killed in jail if not an a$$ whipping everyday....so there is some type of honor even in Prison among thieves when it comes to children.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 01-14-2010, 07:26 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I'll take a stab at it, resources. Not enough money in the till to have all these felons tracked or registered. Look in your own state, each porole
officer is responsible for over 100 felons. which he is supposed to keep track of. I agree with BJ on this child preditors and sex offenders should be at the top of the list, they are our future, and the most likely to re-offend.
We as Americans are the first to complain about taxes being raised to fund any program, i know i do. That's why we are allowed to keep guns in our house and if someone trys to enter on our premises we are allowed to shoot them, by the law. I worry about my shop because it faces a main though fare in the back and i could get ripped off and not even know it until i found a hole cut in the back of it. That why i donot have my town listed on the location in my Profile. I've got a $100,000.00 worth of parts and cars in the shop and i'm sure if people knew i would probably be a victem.

JMO

Zip.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:02 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

pedifiles are the lowest, scum of the earth, and even the guys in
prison who held up banks would never harm a child, when
charles manson wanted to be a part of the aryan brothers in prison
they turned him down because a child was murdered by his orders.
a thief has no respect, but a pedifile is just sick, JMO
and im glad i can track them on the internet
Old 01-15-2010, 03:43 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by signsbyesa
pedifiles are the lowest, scum of the earth, and even the guys in
prison who held up banks would never harm a child, when
charles manson wanted to be a part of the aireun brothers in prison
they turned him down because a child was murdered by his orders.
a thief has no respect, but a pedifile is just sick, JMO
and im glad i can track them on the internet
I totally agree that that molesters are the lowest of the low and should be tracked. I don't care if you tattoo a warning on their forehead. I think you should have access to other criminal records. Even if it's just the repeat offenders.