Header Change Dragster

Old 04-29-2009, 06:32 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

great info on this topic, am on the header design site now will look around on there a bit. I will let you guys know if i get a set or not and if so how they work.

Motor goes on dyno it came off from (nyes) on friday with me there hoping to see increased #'s and may not need the headers. If I dont see what I like I will get the headers to gain a few more. Crazy how fast these guys around here want to go now.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:54 PM
sc4405
JUNIOR BUILDER

Hammer, I have a set of the Performance Welding SS headers on my car, they were on it when I bought it so I don't really have anything to compare to - Mark from Performance is a really good guy, and told me that these headers were meant to be mass-produced and were designed to fit a variety of engine combos, i.e. they are not custom headers just affordable stainless merge headers. He builds a lot of comp elim. stuff that is max HP but very pricey! So far I really like them, they work well and clean up easy. I don't think they will blue, but instead are getting a little gold tint to them. As far as power gain, that's a crapshoot. I think they are on sale @ $850 right now which is a deal tho...... 8) JB
Old 04-30-2009, 11:48 AM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

Tim's stuff from the Fab Shop are definitely worth looking at. Light, clean, and smooth bends.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:53 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

here is what the new headers will look like should be here soon
Old 05-08-2009, 06:17 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Are you going to sell those no-working headers you took off your car. I know some guys that might be interested. :lol:
Old 05-08-2009, 08:07 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dparker
Are you going to sell those no-working headers you took off your car. I know some guys that might be interested. :lol:
not right now
Old 05-08-2009, 08:09 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Just for all your friends here you should make a pass with the old set and then put the new set on at the track, so that we would all know what the true numbers are.lol. :lol:
Old 05-08-2009, 09:12 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Just for all your friends here you should make a pass with the old set and then put the new set on at the track, so that we would all know what the true numbers are.lol. :lol:
going a/b/a/b test
Old 05-11-2009, 01:21 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

here is the actual header, a good friend is driving my stuff this weekend so I should have a good idea how they work.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:46 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Just for all your friends here you should make a a with the old set and then put the new set on at the track, so that we would all know what the true numbers are.lol. :lol:
Not leaving ya hanging, got out with them and hired gun, track was less then good so a good test was not had. Also converter is way off to get a good a/b/a test I need to get it right. Converter is @ trans special now getting changed.

Early results though, 4.78@146 [email protected]
5400 stall flash, 5800 recovery on conv off atleast 600rpms