Bad548nova.....without a doubt a scammer

Old 09-29-2008, 06:25 PM
scottys
SHOW GUEST

Default carbs

Since it took 3 weeks to get them, and I had to have a carb, I had to buy one somewhere else.
I'll take my money back on the dominators if you are interested?
Old 10-07-2008, 09:23 AM
fast72buick
APPRENTICE

USPS Can take anywhere's from 5-30 Working days for regular old Postal shipment, If Priority mailed things would be diff.
I've never had it take 30 days to recieve nor send a package but if you ask the Post teller next time when your at the post office you'll quickly find that what I'm writing is true.
As for not replying right away, I have done the samething numerous times, I'm not saying this is the case but I've had a numerous amount of people buy items from me and take 1-2 weeks before sending payment, On the day of recieveing payment or within 1-2 days it never fails to recieve a e-mail "Have my parts been shipped", Parts are sent but e-mail is deleted.
Funny as all hell a buyer thinks he can take his sweet-Ol" time about paying but once payment is sent wants items next day :roll:
Old 10-07-2008, 06:33 PM
scottys
SHOW GUEST

Not the case here. I sent payment the very next day. Seller acknowledged he received it. Promised it would ship on certain date. It never did. He gave me another ship date. Still never got shipped. Finally he quit responding to emails. I posted this in the scammer section and he shipped it THAT day. (Tracking number verfies this). It took him over 15 days to get it to the post office. This was certainly not the post office's fault.
I am 100% confident that I would have never received my parts if it wasn't for posting this topic, and the topic on Yellow Bullet.

If you are too busy to ship the stuff, you shouldn't list it for sale on the internet. If you have read any of this guy's responses, you can see that he is rude, verbally abusive, and an all around jerk. He should be banned from selling on here.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:24 PM
fast72buick
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by scottys
Not the case here. I sent payment the very next day. Seller acknowledged he received it. Promised it would ship on certain date. It never did. He gave me another ship date. Still never got shipped. Finally he quit responding to emails. I posted this in the scammer section and he shipped it THAT day. (Tracking number verfies this). It took him over 15 days to get it to the post office. This was certainly not the post office's fault.
I am 100% confident that I would have never received my parts if it wasn't for posting this topic, and the topic on Yellow Bullet.

If you are too busy to ship the stuff, you shouldn't list it for sale on the internet. If you have read any of this guy's responses, you can see that he is rude, verbally abusive, and an all around jerk. He should be banned from selling on here.

I'm very glad you got things taken care of, I was not meaning by my statements that you hadn't sent payment right away, I was giving a ex. as to what kind of buyers I've dealt with and it never seems to amaze me the stories i get told when payment has became extremely late (I'm talking 2-3 weeks after purchase is made), Got in car accident,Broke a leg,etc.
I have never had it take 30 days when shipping through US Postal but it can take up to 30 days to recieve a item unless it's sent priority, I cannot count the times I've forked the additional $ to priority someone's parts when they paid US Parcel price as i surely would not wanna wait a lengthly time such as more then 5-7 working days let alone a month just to save a couple $'s, The way i look at it is If i state a shipping price and I do not charge enough then i bite the bullet and in some/many cases such as shipping to Cali. I've lost dearly in the past, I look at it as my mistake so i bite the bullet and pay the additional charges Incurred which believe sucks but a deal is a deal.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:15 PM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Shipping

I ship alot of parts & anyone I have dealt with will confirm I ship & send the Tracking# the same day payment is recieved-I DO NOT USE THE POSTOFFICE,May as well send the damn parts on A Mule..There is absoultly nothing short of Hospital or death that should prevent anyone selling parts on here from doing the same-I will be the first to say a few days delay gives me the feeling of being screwed & sometimes thats the case.If for some SERIOUS reason the seller cant ship, its his/her absolute responsibility to call or contact the buyer & let them know.This isnt a real hard thing..As for the buyer taking their time sending the funds? You are under no obligation to hold parts for any unreasonable time-It also works the other way,If theres a delay on sending funds its the buyer that should do the contacting if not--SELL THEM! I cant believe times have changed so much,I can remember when a mans word was worth more than any amount of money Now?This isnt science or anything new?? An opinion by someone that has been screwed several times on this site--
Old 11-02-2008, 05:47 PM
farrigno
JOURNEYMAN

fwiw, i have used the USPS to ship all my stuff and people have gotten it within a week,it's always shipped prioraty.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:50 PM
briancfor
SHOW GUEST

Default BAD548NOVA...................without a doubt a scammer.

Well, I hate to say it. But we can't let Robert Ames, aka BAD548NOVA off the hook just yet. I sold the guy a 16 volt alternator and bracket back on 1-2-2009. I shipped it out to him UPS ground on 1-6-2009. Our deal was I'd e-mail him with a tracking number (1Z87471W0354487363) and then he would make a payment of $260 ($250 for parts, $10 shipping) to my Paypal account. The tracking number showed he recieved the parts on 1-12-2009 at 6:40 pm. Still no payment. I tried calling him a few times and finally on 1-17-2008 (a Saturday) he answered his phone and told me his wife was going to make the payment on the following Monday. Well here we are now three weeks after I e-mailed him the tracking number and I've still not been paid. I've left multiple voicemail messages on his cell phone (313-332-9484) I've sent him three Paypal payment reminders, and a few e-mails to his racingjunk.com account. Same results, no payment, no returned phone calls and no return e-mails. I even called him and left him a voicemail that I was going to post an ad on racing junk warning people not to do business with him. (see ad #1445548) Still no response. I don't know what to do next. If you read this Mr. Robert Ames (BAD548NOVA) from 18604 Champaign in Allen Park, Michigan. For crying out loud, be a man and either pay for the parts, or send them back. Why would you ruin your name and give this website a black eye for $260 dollars? I've had over 550 hits in less then 36 hours on the ad telling everyone what you did. Is it really worth it? Does your wife and kid(s) that are on your website (amesmotosports.com) know you do this to people? Hey, it's your call. Take care of the problem now, or let it get worse. And to everyone else, losing $260 dollars of my own money will be well worth it as long as we don't let this crook steal from us again. If anybody has any suggestions on what I should do, let me know. Thanks!
Old 02-02-2009, 02:27 PM
turbinetom
APPRENTICE

Yep...I got him to pay up..even though I really still got screwed by old "Bob"
This is what I did...if you have a fax machine, you can set its default to redial if it does not reach a fax tone on the other end. Basically, it'll ring his cell every 5 minutes and give that annoying fax tone. Bob was not amused. I also resorted to randomly calling him at the oddest hours I could..just friendly checking in with him.
Oh yeah..don't let him use the "lost in the mail" deal (favorite excuse)
Make'm pay by Paypal.
Also..be sure to post on Yellowbullet.com his user name is "ba253" they know him there too...

Good luck, and enjoy the fun...
Old 02-03-2009, 06:43 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

I got on Ole Bob's ad for Jesel rockers. He's selling without a phone number now. And still no honor payments. I even sent a message to the seller. What a slug.

Subject: Integrity
Re: Ad #1440685 - jesel

I quess Robert Ames doesn't put his phone number on his ads. Why would that be, looks like a red flag to me. And no honor payments either truely a standup guy. There are forums all over talking about your nonpay and the length of time it takes for you to send out items after they've been paid for. Sounds like now your stalling on paying for a 16 volt alternator that was sent to you in good faith. Man what a slug. Maybe we can help you out, Im sure you would like everybody at race tracks around the Allen Park area to know how you screw people over. I think it would be in your best interest to pay for the alternator you received, since it won't be that hard to get on your area track's forums and tell the truth about bad548nova!!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 03:04 PM
briancfor
SHOW GUEST

I just called Bob today. The first time in over a month. I've pretty much given up getting paid by this dirt bag, but I figured I'd call him and at least let him know I haven't forgot that he basically screwed me out of $260. Anyway, I did the old *67 trick before I dialed his number and I was shocked that he answered. I asked "Is this Bob?" and he said it was. I said "This is Brian Forrester from down in Florida." And he replied "Who?" So I said " You know, you've got my alternator." And with that, he hung up on me. I tried calling him back, but it went to his voice mail. What a low life. I hope I need to go to Michigan one of these days. I'd stop by and knock on his door and introduce myself just to see the look on his face. That would make my day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -