buyer beware1

Old 08-15-2008, 11:10 AM
vaberline
SHOW GUEST

Default buyer beware

he isn't paying fro anything.it is free to post on rc.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:13 PM
blubals1929
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by mopar1968
Well the way i see it if he want's to post more than one ad then pay like the rest of us do!!!!!!
see ad 1287518
Old 08-15-2008, 01:14 PM
blubals1929
SHOW GUEST

Default Re: buyer beware 1

Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by vaberline
i was scammed brcause he said he would trade and didn't after i drove 1200 mi. and i had sent him all my pics that he had asked for of my trade . so i took him to court and won my case.
OH...I didn't realise this was the same guy from the other thread. sorry
see ad1287518
Old 08-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: buyer beware 1

Originally Posted by vaberline
i was scammed brcause he said he would trade and didn't after i drove 1200 mi. and i had sent him all my pics that he had asked for of my trade . so i took him to court and won my case.
What state did you win your judgement in? Very curious.

Later,

Scorp
Old 08-15-2008, 02:41 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

JUST BECAUSE YOU WON IN COURT DOES NOT MEAN YOU GOT ANY MONEY ops:

WHAT KIND OF SETTLEMENT DID YOU GET?? DID HE GET PROSECUTED OR FINED OR ???

JUST CURIOUS / THAT'S ALL 8) 8) 8)

LIVELY
Old 08-15-2008, 04:53 PM
vaberline
SHOW GUEST

Default buyer beware

yes i took him to court here in fl.he lost and now i have a money judgement against him for my expenses to deliver and return home to fl.i have won my case in fl. and had it registered in il. the state he lives in . now if he trys to sell his house or try to get credit it will show up on his report that he has a lein against him for my money. I probably won't get a dime ,but i have the satisfaction of winning my case, and maybe make him sweat a little. if it does it was worth it.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

So it sounds like you won a default judgement because you sued him in your state and he did not travel to defend. You then had the default judgement transferred. Why didnt you seek to garnish wages? I am curious.

It also sounds like you sued him for your expenses as a result of the deal collapsing. Is that correct? The other party claims you misrepresented your item in trade. That probably did not come up because he did not travel to defend.

I have read that its not uncommon for a party (plaintiff) to sue another party (defendant) in the plantiff's home state and count on the defendant not traveling to defend and thus win a default judgement. It was my understanding that you had to sue the defendant in their home state for just this reason-However for a corporation of course you can sue them in any state that they do business in.

With regard to the Internet, there is some state law that suggests that by advertising on the internet and because you reach every state you are able to be sued in any state, similar to a corporation. I have read that Michigan has that state law and perhaps Florida does as well.

If the the party who was sued were to check state law in FL and their home state they could probably file to overturn the default judgement.

It would seem this was a his word versus his word scenario, and both parties were not 100% in agreement on the trade. Why didnt you just offer to split the travel cost given you both werent 100% satisfied?

Honestly, if I were the defendant I would probably sue you in my home state for misrepresenting the vehicle for the exact same amount, require you to defend, and if you didnt, transfer the judgement to Florida. Quid Pro Quo.

Just my two cents and based on a few law courses and a lot of Internet research.

Later, Scorp
Old 08-15-2008, 07:12 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

:? :? Can someone please tell me who ''skatou'' is? Boy did i just get a message from him/her, i have no idea who this is. I got this tonight!---- ive been a member for a while dachief is my uncle he is not a club member and i am.So i listed it for him so i can post more pics where is the scam? my way of payment is cash not visa or paypal or cheque as the real scammers like to put it.
HERE IS THE TRUE STORY ABOUT THE GUY DRIVING 1200 MILES AND MY UNCLE NOT WANTING TO TRADE.THIS CAR WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A BEAUTIFUL FRAME OFF RESTO! BUT IT WAS NOT! SO I WAS TOLD BY MY UNCLE WHO HAS HAD HUNDREDS OF CLASSIC CARS IN HIS LIFE.HE WAS VERY EXCITED ABOUT TRADING BUT WHEN HE SEES THE CAR IT IS A GARAGE PAINT JOB,BONDO POPING OUT THE SIZE OF HALF DOLLARS ON THE REAR QUARTERS OVER ALL NOT WORTH THE TRADE FOR MY UNCLES 31 DODGE. MY SUGGESTION IS NEXT TIME YOU ARE GONNA TRADE BE REAL ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE ITS YOUR OWN FAULT GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON. THANKS MY ADD # IS 1286784 IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ANYMORE OR HAS ANY QUESTIONS