trouble with burnout

Old 05-31-2008, 06:30 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

I have my burnout limiter set at 6500. I didn't use one with the small block, but the 522 goes right to the 7800 limit if I don't catch it quick....
Old 05-31-2008, 09:15 PM
macksstreetrod
JOURNEYMAN

going to check dia. of each tire. they are new but that doesen't mean much.gona check anyway. going to the track wed.gona put stripe on tire take some pic see what going on at launch.rpms come up quick i shift very quick and nail it, hold it long as i can and let off brake ,but never any smoke. don't see how they are geting hot enought. it does raise front tires most of the time, maybe is enought.
thanks Dale
Old 06-01-2008, 02:47 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Burn out

Originally Posted by drz1972ss
Higher RPM will take care of the car going to one side or the other in the box. What RPM are you guys hitting in the box?

Dave
keep mine around 6000- 6500
Old 06-01-2008, 11:48 AM
macksstreetrod
JOURNEYMAN

thats what chip we have in right now. we shift at 6000. havent realy timed it , but it must only be 4sec I shift and nail it. still have pedal left so when I shift rpm dosn't drop much if any. never hit rev.lim.7200 am sideways before then and have to turn loose.
thanks a bunch guys
thinking about a trade deal with
bbchevy I know he can straighten
out.
Dale
Old 06-01-2008, 02:50 PM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Did I read that right? 4 seconds in low then shift? My entire burnout, from the time I nail the throttle until I'm back at idle is just over 3 sec, high gear only. I'm pretty sure the problem is you're staying in low WAAAY too long. You really need to shift as soon as the tires spin or just burn out in high to get enough tire speed to make smoke, much less stay straight. Keep it short.....JMO
Old 06-01-2008, 03:21 PM
macksstreetrod
JOURNEYMAN

never realy timed are counted to see how long, but feels like that long maybe not. never the less, wed. will try nailing it from the get go, shift soon as comes on light,which will be instantly, just let her eat and see.