Optima

Old 06-30-2008, 04:29 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Optima

Hey guys, took battery out of my car Red Top Optima took it to advanced auto to get checked as I figured its no good. I also had a blue top on the trailer that I thought was getting bad also. Both tested bad I asked how to get them replaced Date Codes were 06 and 07 both have a 3 year warranty. My problem is no one will replace them even though they are under warranty because they came in race cars I purchased.
Is there any way to get them replaced or do I have to eat both batteries ?

My thoughts is a warranty is a warranty someone purchased them.

thanks
Old 06-30-2008, 05:19 PM
hotrod1024
MASTER BUILDER

Unfortunately warranty on these has to be for original purchaser.I work at advance, and when you purhase a new battery the warranty goes under your phone number in our computer.That way if receipt is lost we can still look it up on our computer.I was told our policy is it has to be person who purchased it.I went through same thing with red top optima at advance before I started working there.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:36 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Hey Dave i will see what i can do for you on those shoot me your ph# i will check with my rep and see if i can help you there it is worth a shot anyway. Ron
Old 07-01-2008, 04:45 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i just called oriellys autoparts and talked to the manager there. he said about the only way to get arounthat was use the name and # of the people you bougt the car from.far as he knew no store asks for id so be that person. aint honest but he said it should work.i sold parts for 25 yrs. all we had to do to warrany a battery was just make sure it was still under warranty. didnt matter who bought it.damn i miss the old days.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:11 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by rlmotorsports
Hey Dave i will see what i can do for you on those shoot me your ph# i will check with my rep and see if i can help you there it is worth a shot anyway. Ron
Ron, thanks a bunch

I spoke with Optima today, they told me if its a Optima Dealer they know they can take them back without a reciept they just need to call Optima. I will go back tomorrow I am sure this is going to be a pain in the end. If i cant get it figured out I will let ya know