WHEELER POWER PRODUCTS.....THE GREAT AMERICAN LOOSERS

Old 12-07-2011, 10:42 AM
  #21  
lively
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
lively's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ILLINOIS
Posts: 2,190
Default

he must be a WHEELER DEALER !!!!! 8) 8)
lively is offline  
Old 12-07-2011, 11:22 AM
  #22  
TheRabbit
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
TheRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Augusta, Ga.
Posts: 2,276
Default

Originally Posted by fordchevchrysler
QUOTE.....BTW you do know the computer you used to post this in the scammer section was not made in the USA. I'm all for buying in the USA, but you were happy to to buy none USA parts until they were late.
_________________
Rabbit
Powered by SVRE

You make a lot of assumptions RABBIT. Do you work for WHEELER ? Well WHEELER advertised DART block, DART HEADS etc etc. After talking to other posters who had been screwed by wheeler it was apparent that his methods are to bullshit about how he cant get parts from suppliers but will happily give you one of his chinese block and heads instead which he has in stock.
Sure he sucked me in and i will never recommend him to anyone. But i got my money back from Paypal and he got booted from EBAY.
Do you really think EBAY would remove him for know reason.? AND MY COMPUTER IS AMERICAN BRAND........LOL

Anyhow i have listed below the Dictionary meaning of SCAMMER, just for you.
Meaning:

A person who swindles you by means of deception or fraud

Classified under:

Nouns denoting people

Synonyms:

chiseler; chiseller; defrauder; grifter; scammer; swindler; gouger

Hypernyms ("scammer" is a kind of...):

beguiler; cheat; cheater; deceiver; slicker; trickster (someone who leads you to believe something that is not true)

Hyponyms (each of the following is a kind of "scammer"):

card shark; card sharp; card sharper; cardsharp; cardsharper; sharper; sharpie; sharpy (a professional card player who makes a living by cheating at card games)

clip artist (a swindler who fleeces the victim)

con artist; con man; confidence man (a swindler who exploits the confidence of his victim)

welcher; welsher (someone who swindles you by not repaying a debt or wager) ( engine builder that takes too long) (Person that accuses engine builder of being a scammer because he took too long)
Thanks for the Scammer definition. I helped you wth it a little bit. LOL.
Actually I don't assume. I'm more into facts than hear say and that's all I ask.

And by your post and the definition that you help me with he has not scammed you.

Sorry, but I don't work for Wheeler. Although I did work for a company called Wheeler's in the early 90's. It was like Tractor Supply not an automotive.
IF a person can't get parts from X supplier and tells you he can get them from XX and you agree it not a scam. If he tells you he will install X parts in your motor and he installs XX and doesn't tell (or ask you in advance )then we have a problem.



I'm not trying to be a prick, but by what you posted you have not proved to me that Wheeler has scammed you. Just because you got your money back doesn't prove your case to me.
You have posted a public company on the internet as a scammer and you know he is not going to get on here to defend himself. I'm not just going to jump in and say I agree with you (YET.)
TheRabbit is offline  
Old 12-07-2011, 02:16 PM
  #23  
Scooterz
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: EUGENE,OR.
Posts: 3,392
Default

In all fairness... Rabbit brings some common-sense thinking to the table & if we are totally open minded & honest about what he said, I believe he has a point. JMO

"IF a person can't get parts from X supplier and tells you he can get them from XX and you agree it not a scam. If he tells you he will install X parts in your motor and he installs XX and doesn't tell (or ask you in advance )then we have a problem".

"You have posted a public company on the internet as a scammer and you know he is not going to get on here to defend himself. I'm not just going to jump in and say I agree with you (YET.)"
Scooterz is offline  
Old 12-07-2011, 04:06 PM
  #24  
fordchevchrysler
Junior Member
APPRENTICE
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10
Default

Hmmmmm......
Becoming quite hilarious this.
Now there is another assumption that i AGREED.
Anyway , i am not playing your .....lets stick up for wheeler....game anymore. We had a contract , and wheeler broke it in more ways than one. And he defiantly depicts the dictionary meaning of SCAMMER.

It seems aparent that the consencous is that it takes 6 months to build an engine.......LOL
Lets see.....dart complete bottom end and heads from DART are of the shelf items.
Carby, manifold , camshaft , sump etc etc are off the shelf items. Maybe some machining for manifold. 1 to 2 weeks parts gathering and 2 weeks assembly being generous, and 1 week on the dyno. I was never good at math but i am sure that adds to 5 weeks.All money paid up front. GO FIGURE.
He is lucky i never sued him for loss of money for pre arranged shipping etc.
Sure he wont get on here to defend himself because he knows he will loose. Have emails 10 weeks after payment which state " we are still in the parts gathering stage" WHAT A JOKE.

Like i said. If you think its OK . Go buy there products. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
fordchevchrysler is offline  
Old 12-07-2011, 05:42 PM
  #25  
wazup
Senior Member
EXPERT BUILDER
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 345
Default Re: WHEELER POWER PRODUCTS.....THE GREAT AMERICAN LOOSERS

Originally Posted by fordchevchrysler
This posting is about the success story of 1 man against WHEELER POWER PRODUCTS.
Pete and Jackie Wheeler tried to ripp me off with an engine. 5 months later i have my money back and have had WHEELERS succesfully suspended from EBAY.
Who is laughing now Wheeler.I suspect that the FBI will soon be banging on your door too.
If WHEELER is still advertising here,stay well away from them..!
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.........GOOD WILL ALWAYS CONQUER EVIL

SHAME ON YOU PETE and JACKIE WHEELER
I think you need to read you first post over so here it is. I dont see how Wheeler tried to rip you off if you got your money back from paypal. I would like to know just how you think you had them booted off ebay and then suspect the FBI is going to pay them a visit. Wheeler is a big company and dont think they should take that long to build your engine but i think there is moore to this.

I went on there web site and they tell you what your getting for the money you pay. I dont know what you were paying for but to bash them about the parts they use is wrong when they tell you up front whats going in the engine right on there web site, so to post this in the scammer section is not the place. I geuss i would be mad to if i was told my engine wasnt built in the time they said, thats all this is about.
wazup is offline  
Old 12-07-2011, 05:46 PM
  #26  
Scooterz
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: EUGENE,OR.
Posts: 3,392
Default

Slow down turbo... not trying to get ya all fired up here; just saying that Wabb-itt has a point. All he is saying is waiting too long does not make them crooks... "scammer" is a strong word for being late... this seems to be more of a breech of contract

In the past, many of us have assumed (myself included) that if someone filed a scammer compliant here they were usually correct. This would often be assumed when the other side did not defend themselves or know that their name was being challenged here. Sometimes, other circumstances would be brought into the scenario when the other party did defend themselves. Defendants are HUMAN to.... sometimes it could be illness, family problems, financial trouble, oversights/mistakes, & even death that contributed to the problem.

Glad you got your money back. It could have gone so much worse if they are as bad as you say. Just being open-minded; not trying to aggravate ya.
Scooterz is offline  
Old 12-07-2011, 06:45 PM
  #27  
TheRabbit
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
TheRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Augusta, Ga.
Posts: 2,276
Default

Originally Posted by fordchevchrysler
Hmmmmm......
Becoming quite hilarious this.
Now there is another assumption that i AGREED.
Anyway , i am not playing your .....lets stick up for wheeler....game anymore. We had a contract , and wheeler broke it in more ways than one. And he defiantly depicts the dictionary meaning of SCAMMER.

It seems aparent that the consencous is that it takes 6 months to build an engine.......LOL
Lets see.....dart complete bottom end and heads from DART are of the shelf items.
Carby, manifold , camshaft , sump etc etc are off the shelf items. Maybe some machining for manifold. 1 to 2 weeks parts gathering and 2 weeks assembly being generous, and 1 week on the dyno. I was never good at math but i am sure that adds to 5 weeks.All money paid up front. GO FIGURE.
He is lucky i never sued him for loss of money for pre arranged shipping etc.
Sure he wont get on here to defend himself because he knows he will loose. Have emails 10 weeks after payment which state " we are still in the parts gathering stage" WHAT A JOKE.

Like i said. If you think its OK . Go buy there products. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
Sorry you would have lost your suite for pre arranged shipping too.

You never answered the questions I ask you.
If you have had several motors build before I'm sure you had one in the machine shop way longer than you expected. As I stated before I had a 548 in a machine shop from about January till July. I bought all the parts and took to them and it still took that long. I was pissed it took so long, but I would never call the builder a scammer. I knew he had turned out several motors that came in after mine, but he still was not a scammer.

Sometimes people don't understand the power of a forum and the serious damage it can do to a buisness and I don't think it's fair to slander somebody that could cuase him future loose of income just because he was late. At this time that has not even been proved.
I would like to see the refund for proof that it had to be given.
And all that would tell me was that he did not meet the timeline of delivery and that's still not a scam. If he did not give a refund then we would have been a scam.

I'm NOT saying being late is ok, but being slow or late happens. One problem may be a lack of communication on the builders end and that makes matters even worse.
TheRabbit is offline  
Old 12-07-2011, 08:17 PM
  #28  
RonOwensRacing
Senior Member
DYNO OPERATOR
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: florence ky
Posts: 498
Default

I got put in the scammer section over one of my venders for not replacing a part . Just recent it has cost me a lot for sure.
RonOwensRacing is offline  
Old 12-07-2011, 08:21 PM
  #29  
lively
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
lively's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ILLINOIS
Posts: 2,190
Default

Originally Posted by rlmotorsports
I got put in the scammer section over one of my venders for not replacing a part . Just recent it has cost me a lot for sure.

A VERY GOOD EXAMPLE :? :shock:
lively is offline  
Old 12-08-2011, 08:17 AM
  #30  
Scooterz
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: EUGENE,OR.
Posts: 3,392
Default

Originally Posted by rlmotorsports
I got put in the scammer section over one of my venders for not replacing a part . Just recent it has cost me a lot for sure.
I am sorry that happened to you Ron. I thought of you when this thread got started. I was too quick to jump to a conclusion about this thread.
Scooterz is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -