SB2 Heads for Drag Racing? anybody have experience?

Old 05-16-2008, 11:01 AM
musclemotor
SHOW GUEST

Default SB2 Heads for Drag Racing? anybody have experience?

I sell SB2 heads that I buy from NASC AR Teams. I believe they should do extremely well on drag motors since some can flow over 400 cfm. (best I've heard is 441)
I have a customer that built a 434 SBC that dyno'd at 939 on motor only but I'd like to build some documentation data on other's experiences.

I would appreciate anybody's experience or thoughts on using these heads for Drag applications. Also anybody with bad experience, I'd like to know that also.

Many thanks,

Bob Gribble, MuscleMotorSports 704-948-1040 or [email protected]
Old 05-16-2008, 04:50 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

I would love a set of those 440+ heads. :shock: I would be interested in the specs, cam heads compression and intake, on that 900+ 434 as well. I have a 447 SB2.2 head engine, heads flow 398 @ .800. We have an aluminum block we plan to build as a 460, and will be looking for heads. As the 447 was our first SB2, we kept it conservative to keep the RPM's down, it's a bracket motor. It made 829 peak at 7500 RPM, was making 800 @ 6500 RPM and still 800 @ 8000 RPM. For the 460, if we can get good heads as is, it would be great, but most likely will look for inexpensive smaller port castings in good shape to have ported. We will want to push that one a bit more. I think there is not enough info on what is needed to put one together, and a lot of the pieces are still a little pricey. Most would rather spend the money on a Big Block and make more power. I would also love to come by, my wife has an uncle near you, but I don't expect to be traveling till possibly later in the summer.