roll over valve leaking

Old 06-20-2011, 02:23 PM
mikesramblur
JOURNEYMAN

Default roll over valve leaking

This has been happening quite a bit since i installed it. Its on the top of the cell mounted in the hatch area of the car. its hosed through the floor to outside. Im finding gas on the garage floor. Cell has only 5 gallons in a 15 gal. cell. Any causes any cures.?
Old 06-20-2011, 03:21 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

How far does the tubing extend into the fuel cell?
Old 06-20-2011, 03:29 PM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Default You have the vent on the fuel return line fitting

Sure do, if you are getting fuel on the floor from a vent line at the top of a half full cell, then you have your vent hooked to the return line location!!
There will be a line inside the cell attached to the fitting your current vent is hooked to heading near the bottom so when the fuel is returned to the cell from the bypass if used, it will not foam or drop in from the top, this is not the place for your vent. The vent location is only a hole into the top of the cell with no line on the inside. Always use a loop of your vent line above the cell before exiting the floor of your trunk to prevent sloshing fuel from coming out when it is full of fuel.
Bruce
Old 06-20-2011, 05:46 PM
mikesramblur
JOURNEYMAN

no return line used. no line into cell from valve. there was no sloshing of fuel. its just been sitting, had it running a few times but didnt move the car. theres foam in the cell. i thought that might block any sloshing if /when driving.
could it be just from vapors from temp swings in the garage?
i should mention that its not alot of fuel on the floor. since yesterday theres about a 5" wet spot on the floor, but its enough to fill garage with alot of fumes.

i dont have a loop in the vent line though. how does it vent if theres fuel in the loop?

thanks.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:21 PM
CustomTanks
SENIOR BUILDER

Try the loop in the line,Is your vent cloged on the fuel cap?