EdVanced Engines Great Guy

Old 09-17-2007, 04:57 AM
gimmemud
MASTER BUILDER

Default EdVanced Engines Great Guy

I recently had Ed Wilson design a new set of BRC pistons for my 435ci heavy nitrous ( over 600 shot) SBC. He totaly redisigned my pistons from the Venolia's we had ran for 2 years without any luck (lifted ring lands) They were shipped to me on time, (4 weeks compared to Venolia's 8-10 weeks) and almost everything was perfect (a little massaging on the valve reliefs) He kept me informed the whole way and spent many hours on the phone with me over the past few weeks. My advice to anyone who needs help on an engine to give him a call, he really knows his stuff.

This was already a winning combination, but I had piston failures abuot every 3 passes, I put 3 passes on it this weekend and after a leakdown test, everything is perfect.

We are headed to Indy this weekend to the biggest mud racing event in the country, so I will give an update when we return.

I also would like to thank Tom (Top Sportsman) for his advice on my NOS tuneup. I picked up .030 compared to my last time out, and the plugs look perfect.

Now for the Question, what kind of honor payment do I owe for this. I have never bought anything from this site, just come here more for the knowledge. but this information and help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,
Randy
Old 09-17-2007, 07:17 AM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

ID SAY YOU PASS IT LONG OR PASS IT FORWARD IS THE PHASE IVE HEARD SAID. David.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:33 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Yep !

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-18-2007, 03:40 AM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

Randy,
Wow!

Thank you so very very much. I just try to help.

Turn up the wick a little more at Indy and win the thing

Wish you well.

Really! Thanks so much.

Ed
Old 09-27-2007, 04:43 AM
gimmemud
MASTER BUILDER

Well the engine did fine at Indy and is still going strong, thanks Ed and Tom. We finished 7th out of 89 entrys and was less than a tenth off first place, car got a little out of shape and almost rolled over but luckily I got it back in time. There are some pics from the race on this link, I am the one in the second row on 1 wheel :roll:

http://mudmissile.com/pics07.htm#IN
Old 09-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Robert1320
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default BRC Pistons and Ed

Congrats to both guys!

Sounds like you had a good time in Indianapolis and have some good parts to work with now.

Congrats to Ed for another customer! Ed and I spoke a little about your motor. I am glad it worked out as well as it did. Ed knows his stuff for sure!