Racers beware of jrlj :

Old 03-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Scorpion1110

So Mopar, you offer for JR to keep the carb for his trouble. Then what I would expect and we usually see is that the other person would appreciate your offer, see it for the fact that it is intended to make things right then turn it down. The offer is what has value, not the damn carb.

JR should have realized that there was a communication mistake, been appreciative of your offer and then met that generosity by returning the carb. deal done, friends made and everyone happy.

When he kept the carb and said he did it because you told him that was the deal? It became all about the money.

But then these days it is all about the money right? Not about doing whats right, making friends and building relationships, even meeting trading partners.

Mopar, what that carb deal/final offer bought you is the admiration and respect of many on this board.

JR, returning it would buy you the same.

My opinion as always,

Later

in case 67ss396chevelle missed this part. Nobody disputes that Mopar gave him the carb...it is what is stated in the above quoted post that is the real issue...at least for me.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:05 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

I can see both sides of it....kinda.There was a mixup,and I'm NOT gonna pick sides on that.When mopar offered for him to keep the carb,sounds like things I have done in the past.Something doesn't go exactly as planned,one party gets all riled up and you look for a quick fix to end it.Sometimes your mouth outruns your brain.We all understand that mopar freely offered the card to jrlj,all we are saying is that if jrllj was kinda greedy to accept something that costly as "payment" for all his "trouble".Mopar was trying to right the situation,probably didn't think things thru all the way and jrlj took advantage of the situation.Mopar did not come on here saying that jrlj stole his carb.He came on here,originally, saying that jrlj was just hard to deal with.From the posts we've all read,I think we can all agree on that.Mopar never asked for his carb back.WEasked for his carb back.Mopar was being too nice.Jrlj was,and is being too greedy.After all,if that carb caused him SOOO much trauma in his life,and it was something that he DID NOT WANT,why does he want to hold on to it so badly?Mopar has done nothing wrong.So everybody shut up off him and quit accusing him of being tricky.It is OBVIOUS that by his VOLUNTARY financial loss in this dealing that he is not out to get over on anyone.The only post that needs to go up here,IMHO,is the one saying Jrlj sent it back after realizing that he didn't need the money from selling it to cover his counseling to help him recover from such a traumitizing ordeal :roll:
Old 03-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

He needs counseling to deal with his personal "demons" :P
Old 03-21-2008, 04:10 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by Scorpion1110

So Mopar, you offer for JR to keep the carb for his trouble. Then what I would expect and we usually see is that the other person would appreciate your offer, see it for the fact that it is intended to make things right then turn it down. The offer is what has value, not the damn carb.

JR should have realized that there was a communication mistake, been appreciative of your offer and then met that generosity by returning the carb. deal done, friends made and everyone happy.

When he kept the carb and said he did it because you told him that was the deal? It became all about the money.

But then these days it is all about the money right? Not about doing whats right, making friends and building relationships, even meeting trading partners.

Mopar, what that carb deal/final offer bought you is the admiration and respect of many on this board.

JR, returning it would buy you the same.

My opinion as always,

Later

in case 67ss396chevelle missed this part. Nobody disputes that Mopar gave him the carb...it is what is stated in the above quoted post that is the real issue...at least for me.
I AGREE COMPLETELY----IT IS THE RIGHT AND HONEST / THING TO DO---SEND MOPAR BACK HIS CARB-- [JR--MAKE THE EFFORT TO SHOW EVERYONE THAT YOU ARE A TRUE/ HONEST/- RACER]---LIVELY
Old 03-21-2008, 04:17 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

See.... Lively agrees with me...I gotta be right
Old 03-21-2008, 04:18 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Default carb

i would just like to know why you popped up all the sudden, this has been weeks?
Old 03-21-2008, 04:19 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

OH ---AND BY THE WAY-67ss396chevelle-I HAVEN'T POSTED OVER 1000 POSTS BECAUSE I DID NOT READ THE POSTS ON THIS FORUM---I STAND UP AND SPEAK WHAT I KNOW ABOUT/ LISTEN TO OTHERS WHEN I DON'T /AND LEARN FROM MY OWN AND OTHERS MISTAKES---I JUST MIGHT BE OLD ENOUGH TO BE YOUR DAD BUT THEN WE DO NOT HAVE ANY IDEA HOW OLD YOU ARE--I HAVE DEALED AND RACED FOR OVER 30 TEARS AND STILL TRY TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY 8) 8) 8)--YOU EARN RESPECT/ IT IS NOT HANDED TO YOU-----LIVELY
Old 03-21-2008, 06:39 PM
67ss396chevelle
JOURNEYMAN

Default Re: carb

Originally Posted by mopar1968
i would just like to know why you popped up all the sudden, this has been weeks?
I watch the forum to see who is scamming who from time to time and came across this post. Next?
Old 03-21-2008, 06:52 PM
67ss396chevelle
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by lively
OH ---AND BY THE WAY-67ss396chevelle-I HAVEN'T POSTED OVER 1000 POSTS BECAUSE I DID NOT READ THE POSTS ON THIS FORUM---I STAND UP AND SPEAK WHAT I KNOW ABOUT/ LISTEN TO OTHERS WHEN I DON'T /AND LEARN FROM MY OWN AND OTHERS MISTAKES---I JUST MIGHT BE OLD ENOUGH TO BE YOUR DAD BUT THEN WE DO NOT HAVE ANY IDEA HOW OLD YOU ARE--I HAVE DEALED AND RACED FOR OVER 30 TEARS AND STILL TRY TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY 8) 8) 8)--YOU EARN RESPECT/ IT IS NOT HANDED TO YOU-----LIVELY
Maybe if you had read the post on this forum you would have a better understanding of the situation. Age in no way equals wisdom and at your age you should know that by now. My age does not have anything at all to do with this matter now does it. I have only been racing for about 19 years but I have had dealings with people all my life. AS far as earning respect well, I would rather have the respect of one man that is fair than that of a 1000 that are not.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:02 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Default carb

So are you saying i scammed him? Still no profile?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -