Don't yell at me, I didn't build it...

Old 09-29-2009, 11:24 AM
bluegrassjh
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Don't yell at me, I didn't build it...

What is the deal with some people? I sold a new van to a ol' man. He bought it for his daughter.(35k b.t.w.) VERY rude people the whole time. He leaves with it and not a week later they come back with it. This time it was just the daughter, husband and their 3 kids. They cussed me, called me every name I can think of acusing me of selling them a lemon...like I seen em coming and said I'll sell them that lemon over there, muahahaha they'll never know.

She screamed in the showroom that her sliding door "dinged" the whole day. We sold her a p.o.s. and she wanted her daddies money back. Well I stood there and took the screaming and cussing for almost five minutes before I hit my breaking point and told em I didn't build the d@mn thing I just sold it. That I would do everything I could to fix the problem. I got them a rental car to drive, and they were on their way. Her dad calls me 10 minutes later cussing and screaming at me saying I put them into a non-GM product that she didn't know how to drive. To which I responded a Chevy Trailblazer is as GM as it gets. He said "oh, nevermind then" and hung up.

I went and looked at the van and it had been completely trashed. A $35,000 van was now worth half that a week later. Come to find out one of her kids shoved a G.I. Joe into the track of the door, so it wouldn't close causing the alarm to sound. She came back, I handed it to her. Told her this was the cause of her problems and she snagged it out of my hand and told the kids to get in the van. Not a apology or nothing, like it had never happened. I don't know if it's ever happened to you. But do you know how embarrasing it is to be cussed out in front of your fellow employees and a room full of customers? It makes you feel about an inch tall. By the grace of GOD I haven't seen them since.

What is the sense in doing this? You don't go scream and cuss at people! Treat others like you would want to be treated. Hell, I didn't build it.
<----Venting over here.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:30 AM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I love to put people in their place. paybacks can be fun if you are on the sidelines.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I have been in the new car business for over 20 years BUT I run the parts department. Thank goodness, if people get under my skin I just hang up or walk away. 9 times out of 10 they have to come back cause they cant get the parts through aftermarket! Theres an old saying about parts people "arguing with a parts guy is like trying to wrestle a pig in the mud, after awhile you realize the pig enjoys it!"

:lol:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 09-29-2009, 11:42 AM
bluegrassjh
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by harbone66
Theres an old saying about parts people "arguing with a parts guy is like trying to wrestle a pig in the mud, after awhile you realize the pig enjoys it!"

:lol:
LMAO...I'm gonna tell my parts girl that one.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:47 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

I think I would have stopped her in the middle of her tyrade, and told her to either calm down or leave.

NOBODY stands there and mentally or physically abuses me. If they think they can, I hope to hell their major medical insurance is paid current.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:47 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Brother i also work at a dealership, i know where you are coming from :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 09-29-2009, 02:32 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Unfortunatley its just the world we live in..Its Hard and Cold..

Noone wants to help someone anymore..they want to be snide and always has a motive...and for those Good people still out here they can't do a nice deed or they get Hosed Down..

Don't Believe it...try something..while driving in traffic stop and let someone out of a parking lot or cross a lane and just see how many of those people will even bother holding up their hand to say Thanks......you will be amazed !

Even on the internet..there are some that can't even answer a Question without being a DEEK about it....
Old 09-29-2009, 03:10 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice

Noone wants to help someone anymore..they want to be snide and always has a motive...and for those Good people still out here they can't do a nice deed or they get Hosed Down..

Don't Believe it...try something..while driving in traffic stop and let someone out of a parking lot or cross a lane and just see how many of those people will even bother holding up their hand to say Thanks......you will be amazed !

Even on the internet..there are some that can't even answer a Question without being a DEEK about it....
Shuddup deekhead.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:25 PM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by bjuice

Are you "that guy" that stops while driving down a main road,and stops to let someone out of a side street???Thats not a good idea,when a guy like me is behind you texting.with that you get a horn blow.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:39 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

i always try and be nice to everyone, the way i want to be treated,
we are all brothers and sisters, but when i hold a door open and
a person just walks by without thanking you, that burns my
meatballs, i always thank the person holding a door for me :wink:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -