WHEELER ENGINE

Old 06-20-2009, 07:44 PM
fsdragster
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

STRICTLY BEING USED FOR THE STREET. GOING TO HEAR IT RUN ON MONDAY AND REVIEW ALL THE INFO AND DYNO SHEETS. WENT ON THEIR SIGHT AND SEEMS ONCE THEY GO OVER 555 THEY SWITCH ASSEMBLIES TO THEIR HIGHER END PARTS. WILL LET YOU KNOW BY MIDWEEK. GOOD NIGHT
Old 07-02-2009, 02:46 AM
StrokersGraphics
APPRENTICE

I used to race dirt track in Jacksonville fl. I paid Wheeler 10grand for a 377. It had Dart iron eagle heads, motown block, je pistons, eagle rods and crank. 640 lift roller cam.

Anyways i made 3 laps and it snapped 3 double tappered push rods and 2 roller lifters. when i talked to him he said thats racing. he wouldn't and won't stand behind his work.

In Jacksonville FL where Wheeler is located, he has a nickname (3 lap squeeler motors" and I didn't give him that nickname. save your money and stay clear.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:03 PM
nova266
SHOW GUEST

i used to work for wheeler as the last post said stay clear.he will not and has never stood behind his engines.he runs a very neat shop but is knowin to be a very hard man to deal with
Old 07-04-2009, 08:24 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

"Squeeler Wheeler motors" that's not a name anybody wants. You would think he'd try to fix his reputation by working with some guys, but not me. Stay clear. It's not worth it it that's true.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:34 AM
fsdragster
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

having a engine builder down here build me a brand new 509 similiar to what he has run in his dragster except with 10.8 compression for the street. APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR INFO GUYS AND BEST OF LUCK, FRANK