My Christmas present arrived today!!

Old 01-06-2009, 12:29 PM
v8Fiero
MASTER BUILDER

is this your first bike too? if it is or its been more then a few years since you've last ridden I would definatly recomend to go to a beginner riders course at the harley dealership (sign up as soon as you can, they fill up fast)

the harley dealership ones (rather then a community college) are taught by riders who have been behind the handlebars all their life and they teach you the right way to be on the road instead of just a theory with perfect riding conditions.

good luck with your new ride, take it slow at first and get used to how your bike handles the curves and bumps. (your lucky, youve got harleys best balanced big twin they offer :wink: ) When you can scrap the floorboards at will, take their advanced riders course, that is BY FAR the best money you could ever spend yon your bike

sorry for the long post, just dont want ya to get hurt on it.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:44 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Nice bike.
I see about $5000 worth of chrome in the near future...lol
Be safe and most of all have fun> Cp
Old 01-08-2009, 04:50 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

v8, that is really not a bad idea. I've had several street bikes in the past, but it has been at least 12-15 years since the last. Not sure what a class at the Harley dealership costs, but I would rather take them from someone who KNOWS how to ride. I think the investment of a few bucks for tips that might save your butt one day would be great!

cp,
My wife has informed me that I will not begin to like chrome until at least 2010 :!: :?

Thanks again for all the comments!
Old 01-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Nice Harley Rudy. I like the Black too. That looks comfortable... should be good for a trip or two. I always thought it would be cool to ride to Sturgis... never done yet. Scooter
Old 01-31-2009, 04:32 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Nice Harley Rudy. I like the Black too. That looks comfortable... should be good for a trip or two. I always thought it would be cool to ride to Sturgis... never done yet. Scooter
I don't think my old, beat up body could take a trip that long :!: :!:
Reality has hit me Scooter, I got that new toy I always wanted, now I don't want it :!: :!: I am really paranoid about something happening and adding more pressure on my wife and kids. My wife loves the bike, but I do not think she understands the danger. I am thinking hard about it my friends, I am not sure what to do. I did put it up for trade, lets see if I'd really do it or not :!:
Old 01-31-2009, 09:27 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Given where you head is at now all you have been through, i can understand your thinking. Nothing bad can come from loosing the Harley other than a few adventures you can make up somewhere else safley. Scooter
Old 02-02-2009, 08:27 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

I was going to buy a bad boy kz1000 this yr, I have had 3 kz900's and a gpz 1100 the more I thought abought it, the more I like my 10pt cage, when I was in my 20's I loved them bikes, 43 yr old fat boy, I'll stick to a bracket ride with a cage and a harness
Old 02-06-2009, 04:36 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by spib
I was going to buy a bad boy kz1000 this yr, I have had 3 kz900's and a gpz 1100 the more I thought abought it, the more I like my 10pt cage, when I was in my 20's I loved them bikes, 43 yr old fat boy, I'll stick to a bracket ride with a cage and a harness
Well boys, I went on my first ride. I could not enjoy myself with all the damn worries I conjure up in my mind all the time. I am likely going to sell it, I just feel like a real big sissy because I don't want to ride it now. I am going to stick to four wheels I do believe. ops: ops: :shock:
Old 02-06-2009, 05:38 AM
thecurti
JUNIOR BUILDER

Rudy keep your head up.
I have been riding for 20 years without incident, but you never know. Just take it along at your own pace, start off on small rides, til you get used to it.
Good Luck
Old 02-06-2009, 05:39 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hollowayshotrods
Originally Posted by spib
Well boys, I went on my first ride. I could not enjoy myself with all the damn worries I conjure up in my mind all the time. I am likely going to sell it, I just feel like a real big sissy because I don't want to ride it now. I am going to stick to four wheels I do believe. ops: ops: :shock:
Nothing wrong with that Rudy. Just do what feels right to you and i'm with spib on the bracket ride with cage and harness.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -