5/8 WHEEL STUDS

Old 08-12-2008, 01:11 PM
CNDRACER25
SHOW GUEST

WE RUN THESE IN OUR STOCKCARS AND WE JUST TACK THEM. WHEN THEY ARE DRILLED THEY TAKE A WEIRD SIZE BIT SO MOST PEOPLE JUST DRILL THEM TO A COMMON SIZE. JUST MAKE SURE THEY ARE STRAIGHT AND TIGHT BEFORE YOU TACK THEM. HOPE THIS HELPS
Old 08-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I looked at them a few minutes ago...the lock nuts had come loose. Mine does not have threads in the axle flange at all...just a hole. The stud has a very small shoulder to keep it from pulling through and there is a lock nut on back...not a nylon inserted nut but similar...has the splits in it with sort of a crimped edge. I am going to double nut them I think...or just get new nuts.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:04 PM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by Tod74
I looked at them a few minutes ago...the lock nuts had come loose. Mine does not have threads in the axle flange at all...just a hole. The stud has a very small shoulder to keep it from pulling through and there is a lock nut on back...not a nylon inserted nut but similar...has the splits in it with sort of a crimped edge. I am going to double nut them I think...or just get new nuts.
how about new nuts and some good strong loctate
Old 08-13-2008, 04:23 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hotrodharley
how about new nuts and some good strong loctate
Probably the best bet. I figured the flange would be threaded and hard..that why I thought it was gona be a pain to get fixed.

I am on vacation next week gona try and get this turd going again...I posted before about us getting flooded in June...the car was jacked up in the front getting brakes at the time so the motor stayed dry barely(I think) but all the msd stuff is in the floorboard and it all was under water as was the fuel pump and the relays and the trans brake solenoid...two days after the flood it fired right up and all seemed well...now nothing works. I hot wired the fuel pump and it runs so I believe the relay is doo doo. So I tried to start it last night and it wouldn't fire a lick...so I assume the MSD box is shot too...so started checking things, the transbrake solenoid would not engage..normally hear it click when I push the button.I smacked it with a screwdriver handle and now it works...should I be concerned with this sticking at the track? I THINK it got wet based on how high the water got but the trans fluid does not look like anything got in the trans...Anybody ever have one stick before? I have never had a glide apart so I am hesitant to fool with it...should I pull it out and have it looked at or see what happens? I think this car will forever be an electrical gremlin after the flood...probably end up rewiring it later but right now I just want to get it out before the season is gone.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:17 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Tod,
My TB solenoid didn't stick, but it shorted at the switch. So, as i went down track it was intermittantly applyin reverse. If I had any doubt about the solenoid I'd replace it. JMO, I pulled the tranny and went through it, never been into an auto trans before, so far so good, at least it worked on jackstands. I'll find out tonite if it works on the track. Good luck, my situation and yours are totally different, yours being an accident, mine being a brain malfunction.
Earl
Old 08-17-2008, 03:56 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by johnracer
Find the cause and fix it!! There's really no sane reason to put it off till winter.....
I avoid the stink of gear oil like the plague. :lol:
Not to be wierd...but I love that smell ops:
Old 08-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by olds48
Originally Posted by johnracer
Find the cause and fix it!! There's really no sane reason to put it off till winter.....
I avoid the stink of gear oil like the plague. :lol:
Not to be wierd...but I love that smell ops:
:?
Old 08-17-2008, 05:12 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

NOW WE KNOW WHAT YOU DID WHEN YOU WERE YOUNGER!!!!

LOL LOL :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

YOU IN THAT GEAR OIL AGAIN ERIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

LIVELY
Old 08-18-2008, 03:33 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

How can anyone like the smell of gear oil? gross.

I can taste that stuff for HOURS after SMELLING IT
Old 08-18-2008, 05:39 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

MMMMM...Tasty :P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -