Shipping overseas

Old 03-25-2008, 04:49 PM
mackreeves
SHOW GUEST

I sold an engine to a fella down under... His bank wired the money to my bank account and then the engine was picked up and trucked to Miami Fl and then flown to California and then put on a ship and 30 days later I got a call from my man in New Zeland and he had just gotten the engine. It will work. Just have his bank wire the money to your bank .My deal went very smoothly...
Old 03-25-2008, 05:44 PM
poppaj
APPRENTICE

Default selling overseas

The positive best way is like everyone is saying, Have them wire it into your bank account. Once it is there it's there! If buyer doesn't like this method somethings probably fishy about the deal.. It works both ways, he can also prove that you have collected funds that way to.. poppaj :lol:
Old 03-28-2008, 09:36 PM
saltracer35
SHOW GUEST

If he is worried about paying you, then he can open an letter of credit with your bank. When you deliver the car to the shipper they the bank will release the funds. Make sure that they pay for all the fees as they can add up and also make sure that its a non transferable letter of credit. If you are unsure your bank can help you with that.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:46 AM
skorpionhbg
SHOW GUEST

i am from germany and it is possible to wire money over to the us it is easy and makes the transaction very celar for both sides
the only reason i can think of not wiring the money could be that the buyer thinks he will be scammed
justz my two cents
skorpionhbg