Im looking for input on a deal that has went a little off...

Old 08-31-2010, 03:17 PM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Im looking for input on a deal that has went a little off...

Looking for your guys input to see what I should do.

I traded my nova rolling and my enclosed trailer for a beretta rolling about 3 weeks ago. Both cars were suppose to be complete rollers just plug motor and tranny in.

we meet, look over the cars and make the trade.

later that day I get a message stating that I took the delay box out of my car and that wasnt right. The delay box was not included in my roller price as my ad stated the box was only included in a turnkey deal.

I originally told him that I would send him the delay box out of the beretta to be fair, but I have had to put over $1500 into the Beretta to make it what it was suppose to be when we traded. re-cert, new belts, fuel lines and reg, tranny cooler and lines and shifter.

He has been asking me to send the box and I am trying to figure out if I should or not. I would like to sell the box to offset the unexpected expenses.

Please let me know what you guys think....
Old 08-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Well Josh, That is a tough one....

If you told him you would do it, one side of me says just keep your word... you will find no fault in yourself this way.

The other side of me says "right is right, wrong is wrong" ... if he told you it was turn key roller, then it should have been turn key (not in need of a shifter, reg, lines, trans cooler, etc...).

Here is the big question: Did he lead you to believe that the car was in need of nothing? Then later you discovered that you had to replace all of the parts? If so, I think I would keep the delay box. You are replacing the parts because you have to... not by choice? (I understand you have no choice to replace the belts)... but was the shifter/reg/lines etc.. bad?

You seem to have made it clear in the ad that it did not come with the car as a roller... only turn key w/ motor... right? if so, I see no reason why he feels HE IS OWED the delay box if you made that clear. I guess I would weigh out this whole thing based on his honesty, attitude, & integrity before I made a final decision. Scooter
Old 08-31-2010, 03:42 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

send him the box out of the barreta 8) 8)

no matter what you had to spend to put the car to YOUR likngs /should not have anything to do with it.
we see this kind of regrets ALOT on here and i am sorry it happens but someone , somewhere has to start manning up and go on with life as well as possible 8)

you are too good of a racer to fall in this hole---MY 2 CENTS WORTH -LIVELY[ GOOD LUCK AND WE NEED PICS!!!!!!!!!!!] :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-31-2010, 03:50 PM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

Thats why I asked I have been on the fence myself. I saw the cert was out and he said it would re cert but I had to pay 800 to have 4 bars replaced to pass. The fuel lines were not there and the regulator he gave me was junk. The top of the shifter broke off when I put it in park the first time.

The reasons I was dragging my feet about sending it is that the delay box is not necessary to race the car but all the stuff i had to do was.

I put some pics of the Beretta over in the show off your ride section and y'all have seen plenty of the Nova

The ad we traded off of was

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1...alf.-NICE.html

He seems like a strait up guy and I see he deals alot on here, I hate to have bad karma over a couple hundred dollar delay box. Thanks for the input guys!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Give him an itemized list of what is wrong with the Beretta and show him how it differs from the ad- tell him you would like him to cover the items that were missing/damaged or at least split the cost. Tell him you can sell the delay box to offset the cost, or he can make good on the car and then you will send it.

Make sure you pdf the documentation on what was wrong and email it to him. See what he says.

He deserves the box because you agreed to send it. You deserve what he advertised and what reasonably couldnt be expected to be caught on initial examination.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:44 PM
CustomTanks
SENIOR BUILDER

So what did you do?
Old 09-11-2010, 09:04 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Not taking sides here, but i looked at the ad, and i could see how he thought the delay box was included with your posted ad as a roller, it didn't specify no delay box, however the other ad did specify the delay box.
Josh, you are standup racer and well respected here on RJ, let your heart lead you on this one. Personally i think the Barrita is a beautiful car and you will be extreemly happy with it. Again not taking sides, but no one is going to disrespect you whichever way you decide.

JMO

Zip.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:51 AM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Hopefully he will agree to let you keep the box. The bars were not an expected expense. The lines are usually with the roller also. Has he responded to your questions about the discrepancies in the trade? Whatever you do, it has to be the decision that you can live with. Have you asked him to come on the forum and give his view on he trade? He may decide he did screw up and work it out.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:44 AM
ghustler
MASTER BUILDER

we meet, look over the cars and make the trade.
End of story.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:04 PM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

Sorry I been pretty busy getting stuff ready for the unleashed deal out at trails...

I ended up just mailing him the box out of the beretta. I feel technically I didnt need to so that but it made him happy so its fine.

BTW I love the car. Its funny when your car sheds over 800 pounds with the same drivetrain its a helluva alot more fune to drive. I went 9.09 at 150 with it, with my mild 496.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -