TRANBRAKE

Old 05-18-2007, 11:13 AM
bbb555
JUNIOR BUILDER

Thanks,I was wondering how long it would be before it came out?Speedypetey,what car do you race now and are you located in indy?The wheelie bars in the pic,did you use them? A friend thinks they are just for show but I told him you used them on the car when racing??
Thanks.Bill
Old 05-18-2007, 09:06 PM
speedypetey
SHOW GUEST

Yes, they were used alot!!! If you surf the net, you should find some wheel stand pictures of her. The set you have is the second set. First set i folded over at a small track here in Indiana. Car went into a 7-8 foot wheel stand, and folded the right bar in half. Anthony Jones said he never seen anything like it. Best the car went was 8:68 at 163. That was back in 95 at Super Chevy in Indy. Live just outside Indy, and actually traded the car for a 70 Nova with 32K miles, 461 BBC, T-400, 12 Bolt, fogger NOS, etc. It know has roll cage, 9-inch, mini-tubbed etc. It has been 10.38 at 128 with no spray. Hopefully will run 9.50's with?!?!?!?!? I have a 555 Reher-Morrison motor for it, might try to get it in before Super Chevy Indy. Would be nice if she ran 8.90's with that motor and a little juice! Had to get out of racing in 96 due to illness with my bride, and had to take her to Mayo Clinic. Had to sell everything but car and trailer, because Mayo liked CASH, and wouldnt take insurance. Got her better, started having children, then another set back with major health issues with my 6 yr old son. Hoping one day i would start back up, but on a whim i posted it on here in Dec '04. Brian called also immediately, and 3 days later, we worked out a trade. Wish i had her back! I also drove it from Los Angeles to Norwalk Ohio on the first Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour, in 1995. Not many people can say there drove there racecar across the country!!! That car has ALOT of history, and has been to ALOT of tracks across the country! I sure do miss those days! ALSO, thanks to the site administrator "topsportsman 1" I have always surfed racingjunk, but havent spend much time in the forum. My cousin Googled Speedy Petey last night and found Bills Posts. Didnt know that that many people still remembered the car, let alone me! THANKS to all of ya!
Old 05-19-2007, 01:11 AM
bbb555
JUNIOR BUILDER

Thanks speedy,sounds as tho you have had some tough times over the years and I'm glad too hear thing's are much better for you now!I have had guy's and gal's come up to me and ask is that speedypetey's old car?The car along with your name is well known all over the net and race track's.I really love the color of the car and a wondered what color it is?It has a 502 crate in it now with a bigger than stock cam and eddy alum heads with 4.86's out back and the same coan trans.Just a pump gas motor.It ran a 10.65 @126.mph at the super chevy show two weeks ago.lIt does have a nitrous plate on it but since making a cam change I have not hit it yet.(175 pill) I would think between 9.30's &9.50"s. If you like chevelle's and nova's check out team chevelle's web-site.I have been a member since 2001 and go by the name driver.Im a long haul truck driver and that's how the name came about. I'll be 50 yrs old this aug.Check out www.chevelles.com Great group of guy's and a clean web-site.Thanks,bill
Old 05-19-2007, 08:07 AM
speedypetey
SHOW GUEST

wow, 4:86, thats a steep gear. it had a 4:10 race gear in it when i sold it. if you are going to spray it, she probably wont like the gear. i had a 4:56 ger in it, then went to a 4:10, and it was like a different car. was going to go to a 3:90 gear, but thats when the Mayo thing came about. The color is off of a 92 Chevy truck. Brillant Blue Metallic, some paint books call it Bahamma Blue. Thanks for taking care of her! I bought it in 89 as a stock SS Nova that should have been totaled along time ago. Car had been hit so hard, that it buckled the roof. When they pulled the driver side A pillar, they pulled to far, thus making the roof cave in. They hid this problem with a cheap vinyl top. I didnt know all this until i started taking her apart. Make a long story short, she spent several months at the body shop to make her slick again. She had some battle scars on her when i sold it, not sure if Brian had them fixed. Every winter i would take it back to the body shop and have all the body panels re-aligned ( wheelies played havic on keeping them straight ) and have it touched up for the following year. I originally built the car for show, but met up with Rick Dyer in 1992, Cars. Inc and Rick was my first big sponser, and it all went down hill from there!
Old 05-19-2007, 09:29 AM
bbb555
JUNIOR BUILDER

For sure it has to much gear for nitrous.Istill have the 4.10's that was in it.
I would like to have it in the 4.30 range to work for motor and nitrous. Brain must of had it fixed up because it had no bad spots.I did replace the front brakes with new lines,changed m/c,changed shifter to a pro rachet,changed exhaust to a 3.5,took out the I don't how many relays you had in it?HAHA,new fuel cell,new tach and a bunch of little thing's.It must have sit for a long time before Brain got it? I went to a 14.5x32 tire.Still have the m/t street tires but sold off the locker.Still have the shut& weelie bars Not much has changed.I knew the car had some history so I tried to keep it that way. I get noticed where ever I go with the car.Keep in touch.

BILL MOORE
Old 04-10-2008, 07:08 PM
bbb555
JUNIOR BUILDER

It's been a year since talking with you(SPEEDY PETEY) and was wondering what you have been up too? How did the new car run ? Your old blue one ran a best of 9.68 and still has a little left in her. I'll try to make the super chevy show again this year and maybe I'll see ya there?

Bill Moore