Scammer Alert - Don Baskins Trucking / Baskin Motorsports

Old 07-15-2020, 02:02 PM
Z064Play
SHOW GUEST

Exclamation Scammer Alert - Don Baskins Trucking / Baskin Motorsports

Buyer beware! Check the Yelp reviews before making any deals with this dealership. My story;
Responded to an add from Baskin Motorsports on Racing Junk asking several specific questions about the condition of the vehicle and race hauler. I was assured by Don the owner, everything was travel ready and tires were 60% on trailer and drive wheels, 80% on steer wheels, zero leaks. I was also assured the vehicle would be gone through to ensure everything was ready for my arrival. After 1-1/2 weeks of correspondence I scheduled an appointment for Monday morning in Covington, TN, driving from California. Upon arrival the sales consultant was not available so I was given the location of the vehicle to review. When I arrived to the vehicle it was extremely dirty on the exterior from sitting for 3-4 months. Batteries were dead in coach and trailer, oil puddles under vehicle from rear gear seal, tires cracked and missing tread chunks, brakes pads were thin, fluids had not been changed, interior was filthy, and zero prep had occurred in preparation for my arrival. The ad specifically stated "Very Clean". When I questioned the sales person about the condition, he and the mechanics said we had no idea you were coming and they were not aware of the items I was pointing out (Liars). The owner says the employees knew, and "that said", it was a used vehicle so my expectations were too high...no my expectations were based upon promises, nothing else.

Again, check this company's Yelp reviews, mostly under the parent company Don Baskin Truck Sales...all negative reviews and they are very similar to my experience. Fortunately I was prepared to walk away as we all should be when things aren't as described.

Last edited by Z064Play; 07-24-2020 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-16-2020, 09:48 AM
Z064Play
SHOW GUEST

I wish I had done my homework before attempting to work with this company...I found this today;
https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports...h/Don%20Baskin