Weight Distribution

Old 09-19-2008, 03:18 AM
BillyShope
CRAFTSMAN

Default Re: RE

Originally Posted by ssym
...wait until I get a couple launches under the wheels?

Steve
Why? You know what's going to happen.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:39 AM
ssym
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Re

Maybe I should have expressed my lack of knowledge and experience with chassis and four link....

I am not sure what will happen the first time I launch.

How do I adjust the corner weights without cutting metal and welding it to the other side? Will "light corner" shock adjustments do the job?

And on a second note, does anyone have suggestions for first time launches? Half RPM, transbrake, half throttle? I like the balls to the wall method, but I'm trying toget a little smarter as I get older.

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Old 09-22-2008, 03:29 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Re

Originally Posted by ssym
Maybe I should have expressed my lack of knowledge and experience with chassis and four link....

I am not sure what will happen the first time I launch.

How do I adjust the corner weights without cutting metal and welding it to the other side? Will "light corner" shock adjustments do the job?

And on a second note, does anyone have suggestions for first time launches? Half RPM, transbrake, half throttle? I like the balls to the wall method, but I'm trying toget a little smarter as I get older.

Thanks in advance,

Steve
I'm not saying it will work for you but, i adjust everything nutural, then put a couple turns on the right rear coil, then use foot brake so it doesn't leave too hard or point the front end in the air, that way i still have some control just in case it does pull one way or the other.

JMO

Zip.