My wife dont get it

Old 11-14-2013, 05:27 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

My wife wanted to know when I was going to give Phillips' screwdriver back.

Actually just kidding, she is great at helping. She helped me R&R a motor in my PU truck and is always there when I pull the hood or front end off the Vette. She has learned all the wrench sizes and styles as well as sockets. Since my son moved out, I can't do with out her.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:11 AM
mouse1972
APPRENTICE

I have a great wife as well. She has been a gearhead since the day I met her. She is always available when I need her help in the shop.

Could not do without her.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Ha Ha. Don't even try to explain it to her. It's not that they can't understand. It's they DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND what you're telling them!
Just grin and bare it and watch TV with her for a little while and tell her how much you enjoy it!!! lol
I'm not actually smart enough to follow through with it (either)
:lol:
Well said Wabb. They want to relate to things, just not getting down the weeds about things like lift & duration & why it exists for example; but I can tell her that Blake Shelton sings nice & she thinks I care about her show.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:01 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mopar1968
Originally Posted by Harbone
I am a lucky man, my wife is a gearhead and she watch's none of that fufu crap! We watched the NHRA finals yesterday live on ESPN3.com, all afternoon and she was just as glued to it as I was all day.
I agree Chris mine is too, Hell my wife can rebuild a carb :!: :!:

Mark
I'm pretty lucky too. My wife might not be able to rebuild a carb but she will help with anything I need on the car. Hey Mark, maybe you can get Missy to show her how. :lol: :lol:
Old 11-14-2013, 05:17 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by BEAST477
I am a lucky man, my wife is a gearhead and she watch's none of that fufu crap! We watched the NHRA finals yesterday live on ESPN3.com, all afternoon and she was just as glued to it as I was all day.

Mark
I'm pretty lucky too. My wife might not be able to rebuild a carb but she will help with anything I need on the car. Hey Mark, maybe you can get Missy to show her how. :lol: :lol:
No problem Mike she would show her. My wife can help me with anything at the track :!: We had a Tv interview at Bristol Dragway some year's ago and she told the reporter that she had to learn to rebuild a engine before i would marry her :!:
Old 11-15-2013, 03:36 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by BEAST477

Mark
No problem Mike she would show her. My wife can help me with anything at the track :!: We had a Tv interview at Bristol Dragway some year's ago and she told the reporter that she had to learn to rebuild a engine before i would marry her :!:
Doesn't surprise me. You Mopar guys are a little different. :lol:
Old 11-15-2013, 06:50 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Yep we are in a world of our own :!: :!:

Mark
Old 11-16-2013, 07:33 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

My last and final wife didn't 'get it ' either. :roll:
Old 11-17-2013, 07:38 AM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

Ive gotta few buddies who are shall we say very level headed....they think im wasting my time/money cars/racing having fun :roll: .Then they tell me how boring thier weekend was....live life to its fullest. have fun.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:25 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

WOT !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -