vega launch.....

Old 08-17-2013, 05:14 PM
mwbrasher
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default vega launch

hey pat... your little birdie was right... down in okc... foot brake only... could only leave at 2300 rpm... or car would move... yes... it does not pull the front like with trans brake....i waited for you this after noon... guess you were busy....
oh well see you later.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:47 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

ummmmm. never said they were just alike, I was just telling everybody what I had. and yep. its a 2x3 main frame rail car with a 4 link, and I did jack mine up as far as it would jack up.and it flexed the 4 LINK bars and never lifted the pass wheel. heck I even had the drivers side rear wheel also most off the ground. and the pass side was buried in the wheel well. no frame flex just 4 link movement, I Really think you need rear end set up tighter,
Old 08-17-2013, 06:01 PM
melson3086
JOURNEYMAN

never head nething from ya so im not gona travel up there for ya to maybe be there! But sence some jo blow said to weld two bars vertical then i guess get to welding sence you know how to weld also!
Old 08-17-2013, 06:17 PM
melson3086
JOURNEYMAN

Also to clarify you didnt pay 8k for chassis work! But you may have 8k in your chassis!
Old 08-18-2013, 07:40 AM
mwbrasher
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default vega launch

already welding... ...thanks for your help....
Old 08-18-2013, 09:02 AM
AR3366
SHOW GUEST

Not my deal here guys.. But in the professional world when something gets paid for.. It's for a complete correct doesn't need stuff fixed or added on or redone type of job. And if there is a problem the builder doesn't act like its an inconvenience, IE you didn't call me and what not.. They would take the steps to do WHATEVER it took to make things right. That's why money changed hands to start with. Understanding Business ethics, one would bend over backwards to fix things cause other wise that's bad ethics and not consistent with positive future events- ie getting more jobs based on quality work via word of mouth. Just my .02 .
Old 08-18-2013, 11:26 AM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

(AR3366 ) believe me, there is alot more to this story, we all live here in the same area. so you would just have to meet with the car owner to get the full picture,
Old 08-18-2013, 11:40 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

In that case , gentlemen, I'd advise you to take it to a private conversation via PM/email/ or whatever. We're not interested in local 'spats' and tit for tat's her on RJ. The original post was to glean advise on a particular problem a fellow racer had. Let's keep on THAT, please.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:48 PM
mwbrasher
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default vega launch

i was looking for more options.....in my openion... the car should not twist... i was not looking for a fight... just more openions... if some people are offended by this.... OH WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2013, 05:05 PM
melson3086
JOURNEYMAN

you are right the car shouldnt twist, untill reading this i never knew you thought it was twisting and im not convenced it is twisting! Thats y i asked so many question in earlier post you didnt answer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -