Old 01-02-2009, 07:58 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Here are some visual aids

Single Shock Front

Swingarm Rear
Notice the Bottom Bars are "X" together

Another swingarm

This is a swingarm but also has a anitroll on it, which IMO is useless on a dual shock swingarm.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:26 AM
wildman5105
SHOW GUEST

If you have questions about chassis, check out the add on RJ #1396988 give him a call.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:37 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by slowmotion
1st of all the engine belongs in the front (see pic). Not in the back like most of these guys are doing.

Good question. There are guys on here alot more knowledgeable than me. Your answer will probably be here soon. Good luck with the car!
Hate to do this to you Slowmotion. But.....
Well kod99 if you decide on a front engine dragster you might as well get a 1914 steam engine pickup and a wooden trailer to pull it with. That way everything you have will be from the same point in time. Racing is evolving, change is not always bad. Don't get caught up in a time warp. HaHa!! :lol:
Old 01-04-2009, 01:04 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dparker
1st of all the engine belongs in the front (see pic). Not in the back like most of these guys are doing.

Good question. There are guys on here alot more knowledgeable than me. Your answer will probably be here soon. Good luck with the car!
Well kod99 if you decide on a front engine dragster you might as well get a 1914 steam engine pickup and a wooden trailer to pull it with. That way everything you have will be from the same point in time. Racing is evolving, change is not always bad. Don't get caught up in a time warp. HaHa!! :lol:
So is a reciprocating internal combustion engine, aint that what you're running?
Old 01-04-2009, 01:35 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

All good info. The hardtail car does have suspension and it is all adjusted by the PSI in the rear tires :lol:

Hammtime is a dual shock swingarm guy. I like the mono shock swingarm. I do like a car that is front and rear suspended as well. IMO based on my experiences, I would not go back to a hardtail/slipjoint car and would reluctantly go back to a 4-link car. It has been and will be swingarm for me.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:45 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

No offense taken. If we all liked the same thing, we'd all be racing S-10 trucks. :wink:
I'm sure you caught some crap about racing a truck before. BTW congrats on leading the points.
The reasons I bought an altered are
1. I've always liked them.
2. I wanted a car I could load, unload, and race by myself.
3. I love the nostalgia races. Such as http://www.nostalgiaprocomp.com/
4. They don't need much of an engine to go fast.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:02 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

To you the truth the spectators like nostalgia cars better. You ought to see the fans go crazy when a nostalgia car outruns one our hard hitting dragsters. I do think it takes an experienced racer to make a older style car competitive on the upper level though. Thats the only reason I'd push a newbe to a suspended dragster. Lord knows we need different kinds of cars racing to make this dragracing thing work.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:42 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by suicidebomb

So is a reciprocating internal combustion engine, aint that what you're running?

Yep!! But days of racing a flathead motor and a Rodchester carbs are gone. :cry: :cry:
Old 01-04-2009, 03:21 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Not true, they still race them around here......Just not at the UPPER LEVEL.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:27 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

NOSTALGIA ARE HERE TO STAY FOR QUITE AWHILE[ NOT UNLESS NHRA BANS THEM OR SOMETHING STUPID LIKE THAT] 8) 8)
LIVELY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -