gearing ?

Old 11-29-2008, 12:21 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dparker
Dang Todd this is Racingjunk.com sell yours and get a 9" that you want. Hect your car might scare you with the right converter.
It scared me with the wrong one!! :lol:

I don't know for sure it is "wrong" like I said I gave COAN the engine specs and he said it was borderline, just to try it and see...I have only 4 passes on it with this motor ...launches hard but too many other bugs so far to tell if it will need to go.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:31 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Well you always have the Christmas list to give to the wifey.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:14 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Tod them Bugs ya speaking of ain't the QUAMY'S sneaking up in that gut is it ?..lol.
All jokes aside its a Good thing to be A little spooked..you'll live longer that way !

i get them everytime. no matter if i am in a 6 second car or a potential 4 second car..for some reason it all goes away when i let go of the button...wonder why :?: :? :?

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-29-2008, 01:24 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Brian, is that what they call first round jitters? First round seems to be the hardest.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:10 PM
john858
EXPERT BUILDER

what kind of rpm do you think i would turn in the 1/4 with 5.14's, i run mostly 1/8 but 1/4 3 or 4 times a year. tod it took me a good solid month to work the bugs out ( with all your guys help ) then it started to get fun & everything closed :cry:
all ready for next year unless someone buys the car this winter.then i'll just have to build something else :wink:
plus i have to find one or two jr's for my nephew & daughter
Old 11-29-2008, 03:04 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

john u probably know this..anyhow when you store the car for the winter place it on jack stands..if i have see this question once i have seen it 100 times..."It was running good and straight when i parked it for the winter,brought it out 1st time and its all to hell"

all this equaled wiped out springs.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-30-2008, 06:20 PM
BillyShope
CRAFTSMAN

...take your roll out and divide it by 3.1416 and that will give you a exact tire height.
A more convenient number is obtained by dividing the rollout into the number of inches in a mile. This gives you wheel revolutions per mile.

Then, draw a long horizontal line and start inserting the things you know, with the goal of canceling values that appear both above and below the line. You have N wheel revolutions per mile, S miles per hour, and G axle ratio (ratio of engine revolutions to wheel revolutions). So, when you multiply these out, the "mile" of N cancels the "mile" of S and the "wheel revolutions" of N cancels the "wheel revolutions" of G, leaving engine revolutions per hour. Divide by 60 and you have engine rpms. (Or, more rigorously, divide by the number of minutes in an hour, which cancels out the hours. Fewer mistakes are made when the problem is completely set up and the units have been reduced to those desired BEFORE picking up the calculator.)
Old 11-30-2008, 06:41 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by BillyShope
...take your roll out and divide it by 3.1416 and that will give you a exact tire height.
A more convenient number is obtained by dividing the rollout into the number of inches in a mile. This gives you wheel revolutions per mile.

Then, draw a long horizontal line and start inserting the things you know, with the goal of canceling values that appear both above and below the line. You have N wheel revolutions per mile, S miles per hour, and G axle ratio (ratio of engine revolutions to wheel revolutions). So, when you multiply these out, the "mile" of N cancels the "mile" of S and the "wheel revolutions" of N cancels the "wheel revolutions" of G, leaving engine revolutions per hour. Divide by 60 and you have engine rpms. (Or, more rigorously, divide by the number of minutes in an hour, which cancels out the hours. Fewer mistakes are made when the problem is completely set up and the units have been reduced to those desired BEFORE picking up the calculator.)
I sorry but there's no way that's more convenient way to get the diameter of a circle. The Greeks derived this equation thousands of years ago. And I have yet to see a simpler version.
Pi R squared will get you the area. BUT WHY!!!
Diameter of a circle = Circumference divided by Pi (3.14159265).

And there is no more convenient way to derive the diameter of a circle. Even Albert Einstein used the Greeks version of how to find the diameter of a circle.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Hey Tod them Bugs ya speaking of ain't the QUAMY'S sneaking up in that gut is it ?..lol.
All jokes aside its a Good thing to be A little spooked..you'll live longer that way !

i get them everytime. no matter if i am in a 6 second car or a potential 4 second car..for some reason it all goes away when i let go of the button...wonder why :?: :? :?
maybe scared wasn't the best word for it.....but it sure surprised me...amazing what 80 more cubic inches will do.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:30 AM
john858
EXPERT BUILDER

talk about difference i went from 388 to 565 wow :shock:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -